What & Where? #11

How well do you know Leeds?
munki

Post by munki »

This one if from a bit further afield, submitted by SimonH.What is this architectural feature of Leeds, taken up close & out of context?If you would like to submit a picture for the competition, please send it to [email protected], rather than uploading it direct to the site. We will upload it once the previous entry has been identified.
Attachments
11.jpg
11.jpg (142.1 KiB) Viewed 2870 times
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

Captain

Post by Captain »

Is it the top of the Leonardo building, Great George St, op. Chili Pepper Chinese Restaurant, Nr the Cathederal, or the North East Corner Junct. Gt. George St, with Cookridge Street ?'Captain'

munki

Post by munki »

I can see why you might've thought so, Captain. But, no.
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

stevief

Post by stevief »

Hello everyone,I'm new to this lark.I think the photo is the clock tower in Otley market place.

Beeston mick

Post by Beeston mick »

HI Stevief and welcome.I think you could well be right!

munki

Post by munki »

You are right, mate. Well done!