a time machine

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
wiggy

Post by wiggy »

ok folks,so imagine if you will,that we have built a time machine,it only works in leeds and you can go back to any time in leeds' history....what time would you go back to and why?.....i'd like to meet thoresby,some saxons and see what the romans were up to.i would love to see thousands of other times,like gipton down the years and town,but theres a start for you all.....
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

I'm extremely interested in historybut I would probably vist the future with it.
I went down to the crossroads and got down on my knees

Si

Post by Si »

I'd go back to the late 1800s to visit my great great grandad's pub, The Boot & Shoe, and his brother's pub, The Pine Apple, but only if I can come back! They look a bit grim on Leodis - I'd probably need modern medical care on my return!

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Go back to some 18th century ancestors in Woodhouseand ask them if they did really come from Guiseley,so i can sort out my family tree correctly!!!    
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Hats Off

Post by Hats Off »

wiggy wrote: ok folks,so imagine if you will,that we have built a time machine,it only works in leeds and you can go back to any time in leeds' history....what time would you go back to and why?.....i'd like to meet thoresby,some saxons and see what the romans were up to.i would love to see thousands of other times,like gipton down the years and town,but theres a start for you all..... Not sure you'd see many Saxons around the area, they along with the Jutes were mainly based down south( hence Essex, Sussex ect.) The north was where the Angles or Angli lived.

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

fevlad wrote: I'm extremely interested in historybut I would probably vist the future with it. only backwards

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

LOL
I went down to the crossroads and got down on my knees

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

wiggy wrote: fevlad wrote: I'm extremely interested in historybut I would probably vist the future with it. only backwards it's not a delorean.

rainone

Post by rainone »

Go back to meet Rev Jenkinson in the 20's / 30's, bring him forward in time to show him that demolishing 30,000 houses and building Gipton, Seacroft, Quarry Hill, Belle Isle and Miggy, probably wasn't such a good idea.

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

rainone wrote: Go back to meet Rev Jenkinson in the 20's / 30's, bring him forward in time to show him that demolishing 30,000 houses and building Gipton, Seacroft, Quarry Hill, Belle Isle and Miggy, probably wasn't such a good idea. areas don't make themselves bad....it's thoughtlees people....the ones like '8 ace' from viz.