big cats evening post

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
bramley13

Post by bramley13 »

this was in the evening post about 1999.i was walking with my son one sunday teatime in summer.we went to the canal at rodley,then cut through rodley park,to take the short cut to coal hill lane,heading home.i needed a pee, so seeing as the top of the park is woodland,i had one. son was ahead of me,he shouted dad look, running down the hill was a large panther like thing,it stopped about 10 yards in front of us,and jumped up one of the trees.another guy walking his dog which ran off,said did you see that.yup we said we all decided it was time to leave like prompt (hope he found his dog) running home i phoned the police,they thought i was a nut and took my number.an hour later they must have decided seeing as the other guy phoned them,to come to the house,and show were we saw it.it was in the evening post,my claim to fame, and the quickest pee in history lol.by the way if the other guy ever reads this or you have heard him tell this tale,its true and id love to know if he found the dog,he would live local.