The Rollarena.

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Chrism

Post by Chrism »

On Kirkstall Road, anyone remember it? I have searched Leodis for a picture but can't see any. I know the building is still there, used now bt YTV. Did anyone go there, I almost lived in the place for about 4 years. Also I saw David Bowie there on the penultimate night of the Ziggy Stardust Tour in 1973. I would love to see some pics of the place. Possibly this is just another Queens Hall thing left in our memories.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Si

Post by Si »

There's a thread on the Rolarena under Buildings and Structures, Chris.

Leeds lass n proud

Post by Leeds lass n proud »

I remember the Silver Blades Ice Rink in the early 60s. I loved it there a bit like dancing on ice, well a little bit. The Rollerena is where my favourite memories are, I met my husband there on 8.07.68. Tuesday nights were free for girls, yes it was a Tuesday night, the girls went because it was free the boys went because it was full of girls. It closed at 10.00pm we met at about 9.55, last chance to grab a girl I reckon. Twelve months later we got engaged at the same time same place. I was 17yrs old by now he was 18yrs old. This year we have been together 40yrs (married 36) and still very happy. He got his monies worth with the entrance fee.I also went to the bowling alley quite a few times but not as much as the skating rink. Music memories from skating, Young Girl, Monie Monie and Leader of the Pack to mention a few.

westie

Post by westie »

i remember the rollarena well from 67 when did it close? "baby now that i've found you"and "red river valley" remind me of ityorkshire tv or radio aire is their nowi met bill kenwright there (former son of bet in corrie -now top musical producer in west endirene
irene