Rowland Emett's "Heath Robinson Clock" - Merrion Centre

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Leodian

Re: Rowland Emett's "Heath Robinson Clock" - Merrion Centre

Post by Leodian »

Passing by yesterday (November 13 2014) the Emmett machines were no longer on display (at least just after the incline from Merrion Street). I hope it is not years before they are on display again.

PS. I notice that this thread currently has 69 replies but apparently only 95 views! :o. That seems an extraordinary low view number, so probably something to do with the merger of the new and old topics.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Leodian wrote:PS. I notice that this thread currently has 69 replies but apparently only 95 views! :o. That seems an extraordinary low view number, so probably something to do with the merger of the new and old topics.
Yes, the merge changes the thread ID number and presumably all the stats with it. I think if I was a bit more clever about it it would have used the title and stats from the older thread, but I'm not sure - still learning this new system :)
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

warringtonrhino

Post by warringtonrhino »

Does anyone know if the Heath Robinson Clock is currently on display in the Merrion Centre.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

warringtonrhino wrote:Does anyone know if the Heath Robinson Clock is currently on display in the Merrion Centre.
Hi warringtonrhino :).

I was in the Merrion Centre today and coming in from Merrion Street there are 2 of Emett's small contraptions in window displays on the right and at the top of the stairs the large bicycle contraption is on display. I did not go farther than Morrisons so I don't know if any other contraptions are on display.

warringtonrhino

Post by warringtonrhino »

Thanks for that, my grandson asked if I wold take him to see it.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

As there does not seem to be photos of it in this thread I have attached 2 photos of Emett's 'Hush-a-Bye Hot-Air Rocking Chair' that is currently on the first floor/balcony of the Merrion Centre. I took the photos on June 27 2017.
EmettsHushAByeHotAirRockingChairMerrionCentreLeedsJune272017(1).jpg
EmettsHushAByeHotAirRockingChairMerrionCentreLeedsJune272017(1).jpg (116.58 KiB) Viewed 2610 times
EmettsHushAByeHotAirRockingChairMerrionCentreLeedsJune272017(2).jpg
EmettsHushAByeHotAirRockingChairMerrionCentreLeedsJune272017(2).jpg (114.28 KiB) Viewed 2610 times