whereabouts in Leeds are forum members from?

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
tilly

Re: whereabouts in Leeds are forum members from?

Post by tilly »

Hi urban rambler i dont mind what percentage male/female post on here i just wondered wy so few female members.Has blackprince as said a lot of the subjects we discuss are not has popular with the fairer sex this is no reflection on you.His reply answered my question.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

urban rambler

Post by urban rambler »

No Tilly, the only bit which made me cringe was the suggestion the only subject of interest to women was family history, and I was trying to explain that we are much more than family historians. No offence intended.

tilly

Post by tilly »

No offence taken i am pleased you replied its nice to know you have an interest in so many subjects.All the best Sid.

tilly

Post by tilly »

We should re title this thread were have all the forum members gone.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

:arrow:
Tilly I believe most disappeared, never to return, after the site closed down for its revamp :o
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

blackprince

Post by blackprince »

urban rambler wrote:No Tilly, the only bit which made me cringe was the suggestion the only subject of interest to women was family history, and I was trying to explain that we are much more than family historians. No offence intended.
Urban Rambler, Sorry if my observation made you cringe. No offence intended on my part either. Glad you enjoy the site and not just the family history section. I am a volunteer with Age UK where I live and I know from the large number of activities and classes we run , some like golf , photography or languages appeal equally to men and women whereas others are primarily of interest only to men (or women).

BP
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

I was born December 1935 on the Brand new Gipton Estate. Though in later years this Estate deteriorated, at that time it a bid to get the People out of Richmond Hill which was a really Slum area. This Estate had inside an inside toilet, bath and gardens. some folks moving there had never lived in such luxury.
After living in various Districts of Leeds.

Bristol,
Catalonia Spain,
Gloucester.

DynamiteDaz

Post by DynamiteDaz »

From Seacroft (Hawkshead Crescent originally then South Parkway to be precise) and also grew up in Thorn Walk of Gipton at my nans house. Currently work in Horsforth and soend most of my time at my fiance's house in Stanningley

Cookridge

Post by Cookridge »

Guess !!!

snowman1

Post by snowman1 »

beeston and cross-gates