Posting a Photograph.

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
tilly

Re: Posting a Photograph.

Post by tilly »

dsco wrote:Photo looks fine to me Tilly - the uploader is designed to handle this, resizing it to fiti initially then expanding it when you click on it. If you want it smaller then yes, you would have to reduce it manually - however there's no reason to do that from a technical/site storage point-of-view, we've got plenty space for larger images now.
Many thanks dsco I thought i was taking up too much space on the uploader but not so.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi its me again i have tried to post an Avatar to go with my password. Not being that bright with resizing photographs i have got my Avatar down to 90x90 pixels but cant get it down to 6KB.Can any one give me a clue how to lower the KBs i have photoshop 6 on my computer but no where can i see how to alter the KBs only the pixels.Is it an old age thing.?LOL

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Tilly not an old age thing at all. The file size is down to resolution and format (jpg/jpeg/png/gif/tif/bmp). While not totally interdependent the resolution can be affected by the format so try saving in the different formats. The size of the avatars is unlikely to be overly adversely affected by resolution
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi tyke bhoy many thanks for your reply i think i will give it a miss the photograph is in jpeg i have no idea how to change the format i have hundreds of photographs and can do quite a lot of work on them in photoshop but i am limited to what i know, its the same with the computer i get by but i have my limits give me any thing to repair has long has its not electronics and im your man but i have very little knowledge when it comes to things like this.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Hi Tilly. If you are using photoshop open the image you want and then using the menu use 'save as' as opposed to save. The save dialog should default to the file name and jpeg in the two boxes bottom right change the bottom one to gif.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi tyke bhoy I have done this but no luck never mind many thanks for all your help its not that important. So once again thank you.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Its me again tyke bhoy i have now got my Avatar i sent my photograph to a friend he did it for me.Once again thanks for all your help.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

That's a good Leeds avatar tilly. :)
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Thank you Leodian im glad to see you have got your cat back.lol