A New York (USA) taxi on Merrion Street

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Leodian

A New York (USA) taxi on Merrion Street

Post by Leodian »

By pure chance I was on Merrion Street (between New Briggate and Vicar Lane) yesterday (October 29 2014) at 11:30 a.m. and was surprised to see a New York yellow taxi :!:. I was even more surprised though to see Marilyn Monroe (well OK , a gorgeous look-alike) dressed like Marilyn in her famous white frock :!:. There is a report in the Yorkshire Evening Post today about the scene which was to do with a coming opening of a New York-style bar called the Manahatta (note the spelling which I've read elsewhere is said to be the original spelling of what is today's Manhattan).

I have (hopefully that I do it right with the new site ;) ) added a photo of the taxi. I briefly spoke to 'Marilyn' and she kindly answered that she was meant to be Marilyn Monroe, but I did not dare ask her if she mind if I took her photo in case she thought I might be a pervy bloke. :P

Ooops, I tried to add the only 138 kb photo but I got a message "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached". I may of course be doing it wrong ;).

Edit added shortly after original post. I've just been reading some FAQs and in one headed 'Can I post images' it stated "You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server)". I take this to mean that I will now no longer be able to post any photos, which is a shame (or not if you think otherwise ;) ).
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Rover

Re: A New York (USA) taxi on Merrion Street

Post by Rover »

Lucky you ! I could understand it if you had claimed to see Marilyn at 11:30 PM. I have just returned to "leodis".I'll need to relearn how to navigate this new site.

chemimike

Post by chemimike »

Leodian
I assume you can still post through photobucket and the like
will try and see

chemimike

Post by chemimike »

Yes that works. Just a random photo of abbeydale

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I have just tried to see if I can now add the much reduced photo of the New York yellow taxi that I photographed on Merrion Street on October 29 2014 but I again got the message "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.". I may be doing it wrong, but if I am doing it right then it does seem that I can no longer add photos that are only stored on my computer, as I do not want to have to join a photo hosting nor a social network website in order that I can add photos to the new Secret Leeds website. Its a negative feature of the otherwise seemingly excellent website. :(

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Leodian wrote:I have just tried to see if I can now add the much reduced photo of the New York yellow taxi that I photographed on Merrion Street on October 29 2014 but I again got the message "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.". I may be doing it wrong, but if I am doing it right then it does seem that I can no longer add photos that are only stored on my computer, as I do not want to have to join a photo hosting nor a social network website in order that I can add photos to the new Secret Leeds website. Its a negative feature of the otherwise seemingly excellent website. :(
Agree with you Leo. Is there any reason for this Duncan or " can it be sorted " :?

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

uncle mick wrote:
Leodian wrote:I have just tried to see if I can now add the much reduced photo of the New York yellow taxi that I photographed on Merrion Street on October 29 2014 but I again got the message "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.". I may be doing it wrong, but if I am doing it right then it does seem that I can no longer add photos that are only stored on my computer, as I do not want to have to join a photo hosting nor a social network website in order that I can add photos to the new Secret Leeds website. Its a negative feature of the otherwise seemingly excellent website. :(
Agree with you Leo. Is there any reason for this Duncan or " can it be sorted " :?
Possibly a timing issue :?: Duncan posted this
http://www.secretleeds.com/viewtopic.ph ... 36#p109324 about an hour after Leo's post saying that he has upped the quota for uploads. Have another go Leo
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

009R.jpg
009R.jpg (138.45 KiB) Viewed 1880 times
This is another attempt to post the photo of the taxi :!:

Edit after posting:- It worked :P. Thanks Duncan for sorting the problem out. :)