A new website!

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
dsco
Site Admin

Re: A new website!

Post by dsco »

Nice to see some old faces on the forums again floodland - drop by again soon!
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

mhoulden

Post by mhoulden »

I was just about to say, I was wondering how many "lost" members we'd get back now they've all had password resets.

Personally I'm quite pleased the site now hosts avatars itself rather than having to put them somewhere else. Mine was taken in the car park at the Cross Keys in Morley, which sadly seems to be on the verge of joining the lost pubs of Leeds.

Si

Post by Si »

Love the new look! Thanks Dsco.

leedslily

Post by leedslily »

Woohoo, here we are again! Hi all, and nice work dsco!

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Thanks all :)

The avatars do look better on this site Marcus, hadn't really noticed before but they're a distinct improvement!
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Thanks Duncan ;)

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Yes many thanks Duncan a massive improvement 8-) in most areas but at the risk of sounding ungrateful. On the previous site the default was 25 posts per page and individual users had the ability to override the default and I did by changing it to 50. We appear to be down to 10 posts per page now and unless I've missed it I can't see anything to customise it myself. Are we stuck at 10? :?:
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Oh and the "Newest Member" functionality seems to be broken unless its showing the most recent returning member. Its currently showing 'Leeds Chap' who joined Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:30 am I'm sure SL has had members sign up in the last 19 months ;)
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Good call Tyke, just looking into what we can do about that - it's not a normal function in this software package but there is a extension package that allows users to do this. Now to see if I can get it working! :)

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hey Tyke, I've added a new facility to the User Control Panel so you can control how many posts are displayed per topic page.

Click your username in the top navigation bar to pull down the menu, then select User Control Panel. From there select Board Preferences > Edit Display Options > Post Per Page and change the number there to whatever you fancy. Let me know how you get on.