Adelphi Secret Leeds Party 17h October

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
tilly

Post by tilly »

BLAKEY wrote: tilly wrote: Hi Blakey hope this gets to you did you see see my post on bottom of page one of this thread re lift to Secret Leeds meeting.? Hi tilley - A very kind offer indeed if you're sure its not out of your way at all.    Depends of course on whether my medical problem allows the visit, but on that more nearer the time of course.Once again, many thanks and I could meet you anywhere convenient in this area to save you undue trouble Hi BLAKEY No problem i will be picking Jim up, am i right in thinking you live in the Burley area if so its only a case of going down canal road.I do hope you make it we will keep our fingers crossed.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I got the quiz and the answers so all set.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

j.c.d.

Post by j.c.d. »

Sadly I can't be there in my old stamping ground "The Adelphi" but I hope all of you have a great evening. Though I am a newcomer to the Secret Leeds site I feel I am among friends so once again enjoy your night. Regards.

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

Could do with a projector featuring a scrolling slideshow of images that people have contributed over the years maybe, would also be good to tie in to the quiz - just a suggestion! Also maybe we could have a seance and try resurrect the spirits of some famous old Leeds characters - Peter O'Toole, he liked a drink plus Keith Waterhouse etc
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

jim

Post by jim »

Seance? Not a good idea, we might ressurect some of the SL ghosts!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

jim wrote: Seance? Not a good idea, we might ressurect some of the SL ghosts! Oh heck - just think about finding some sticks and feverstoninans in a secret village!!!Looks like my circumstances will cause me to miss the do I'm afraid Have a really good one guys

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

Maybe we could have examples of classic SL discussions to circulate and get all nostalgic over, ie, "remember when you called me a (edited for content), and so on...? Also will there be a table with merchandise for sale and Duncan could sign autographs?    
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

jonleeds wrote: Maybe we could have examples of classic SL discussions to circulate and get all nostalgic over, ie, "remember when you called me a (edited for content), and so on...? Also will there be a table with merchandise for sale and Duncan could sign autographs? Why so negative Jon. You are a member of SL the same as anyone else, but on the whole everyone gets on so why this negativity?    
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

jonleeds wrote: Maybe we could have examples of classic SL discussions to circulate and get all nostalgic over, ie, "remember when you called me a (edited for content), and so on...? Also will there be a table with merchandise for sale and Duncan could sign autographs? Well we do have Secret leeds badges (i just found one of mine lurking in a rucksack last week<G>).I'm sure Duncan will sign for a fee<LOL>.Cassic SL discussions could take all night especially if you printed off the Skulls thread or Lost pubs <LOL>.looking forward to seeing you on the night Jon    
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

cnosni wrote: jonleeds wrote: Maybe we could have examples of classic SL discussions to circulate and get all nostalgic over, ie, "remember when you called me a (edited for content), and so on...? Also will there be a table with merchandise for sale and Duncan could sign autographs? Why so negative Jon. You are a member of SL the same as anyone else, but on the whole everyone gets on so why this negativity? Thats just my warped sense of humour, I didnt mean it to sound negative.