Jogon?

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Whither Jogon? No posts for a couple of months from this prolific contributor.Cycling round Europe? Bog-snorkelling round central Leeds culverts?

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Geordie-exile wrote: Whither Jogon? No posts for a couple of months from this prolific contributor.Cycling round Europe? Bog-snorkelling round central Leeds culverts? Had an email from jogon last week - he is very well but work life is taking much of his time at the moment, ( I think the lengthy bike ride home is wearing him out! )I'll let him know he has been missed

tyke bhoy

Re: Jogon?

Post by tyke bhoy »

He's still being missed ;)
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

'Bog-snorkelling round central Leeds culverts'. That sounds like something that would make for an interesting Olympics sport :P.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

jim

Post by jim »

If I remember correctly, the FB "SL2" site was started by Phil to keep people informed as to what was happening and to continue with a few posts when this site was having problems with "going down" a few years ago before DSCO took over from the Council as site owner. Following the takeover some changes to SL were requested, and several members posted ideas as to what direction the site should take. Phill proposed his ideas quite forcefully and eventually became insulting and offensive when they were not adopted. After several polite requests to Phill to moderate his approach, his membership was withdrawn.

This is my personal memory and interpretation, and may not be how others see it, and I am open to (polite!) correction.
Last edited by jim on Fri 09 Jan, 2015 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

The FB page was started long before Phill left. The FB page much like another forum were set up as back ups when this (the original site) was down on a regular basis in the later days of the council "running" it, Much like the FB page Phill treated this site like he ran it, although in reality Duncan has been responsible for it since before its inception in 2007 to date.

Phill finally overstepped that mark and Duncan put him in his place at which point Phill vowed never to contribute to the site again. He then commenced removing his content from the site (posts and links to his flickr account). Only when he came back on and taunted Duncan that this site was dying was his account finally blocked although I'm sure he still visits as a guest. Duncan managed to restore "integrity" to some threads by restoring Phill's posts from backups.

There are I suspect a large number of people who feel the same way as Buffalo Skinner, me included.

Edit: I see Jim has put in his memory which isn't far off but I think mine is slightly more accurate so I'll let it stand
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

tomq

Post by tomq »

Me too.
Tom

barnie

Post by barnie »

I too miss Jogon, but am also missing jonleeds. Any idea where he has got to?

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

barnie wrote:I too miss Jogon, but am also missing jonleeds. Any idea where he has got to?
Has he posted since the Adelphi "Birthday Party"? He was a little ahem "abrasive" on the thread leading up to it. Did he attend?

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

Jonleeds wasn't at The Adelphi for the birthday bash.