George Arthur Linstrum

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

iansmithofotley wrote: Hi Jonnybud,........Ian         Welcome back IS of OHave missed your contributions to the site.

iansmithofotley

Post by iansmithofotley »

Hi salt 'n pepper,Thank you. I have never been away from the site, I check it every day, I just haven't posted that's all.Ian

yorkiesknob

Post by yorkiesknob »

salt 'n pepper wrote: iansmithofotley wrote: Hi Jonnybud,........Ian         Welcome back IS of OHave missed your contributions to the site. Same here
Where there's muck there's money. Where there's money there's a fiddle.

Patricia

Re: George Arthur Linstrum

Post by Patricia »

George Arthur Linstrum was my husbands uncle. He was the oldest child of George Henry Linstrum and Mary Elizabeth Linstrum. The family originaly came from Hull and before that Sweden. George and his brothers and sisters were born and brought up in Armley. The family are not too sure what caused him to lead the life he did, we have wondered if it was partly caused by his experience as a soldier during WW1 or wether it was just his love of drink! We were told that he was always very polite both to the police and magistrates and they all appeared to have liked him. I believe his record was broken by someone living in Australia.

SandraL

Post by SandraL »

Only just read this while researching my family tree. George was my great uncle (brother of my grandma, Edith Doris Linstrum). I remember meeting him once or twice as a child and my grandma did keep in touch with him on and off, but she could never understand the way he lived his life. He was definitely the black sheep of the family.

mjwcawood

Post by mjwcawood »

George was my uncle. The family tree above is not complete. It is George A., Edith D., Hetty E., Royal W. A., Violet E., Major W., Lilly E., Thomas H., Albert V., Harold. All of George Henry Linstrum and Mary Eliza Page. I never met G A but had seen him when I was very young. I am 2 of 10 from Harold. Rita M.