Does anyone remember Debra Schlesinger???

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Hannibal69

Post by Hannibal69 »

Hi everyone, this is my first post on Secret Leeds and I wasn't sure which forum would be the most applicable, so if this is in the wrong place then I can only apologize.I was wondering if anyone here remembers Debra Schlesinger. She was just 18 years old when she was murdered on 21st April 1977. She was killed on her way home from a night out, right outside her home, if memory serves. I think she lived on the Hawksworth Estate, but I could be wrong. I was barely 8 years old and it was in the middle of the whole Yorkshire Ripper thing. As far as I am aware her murder remains unsolved to this day.Thankyou for taking the time to read this,Han.
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. But give him a religion and he'll starve to death, while praying for a fish.

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

According to the internet she was a "Ripper" victim.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

Hannibal69

Post by Hannibal69 »

Johnny39 wrote: According to the internet she was a "Ripper" victim. Hi Johnny, thanks for your reply. "Officially", Debra was/is not counted as a "Ripper" victim, though in fact she may well have been, we still just don't know for sure. She is among those murders that fell into what ACC George Oldfield described as a "grey area." If Sutcliffe keeps pushing for transfer to a medium security prison, as a first step torward parole, W.Yorks Police have said that Debra's murder is one, among several, that they may re-investigate with a view to charging him with.Thanks again,Han.P.S. Could you point to the website where you found the info on Debra, cheers.
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. But give him a religion and he'll starve to death, while praying for a fish.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

It might be a good thing if sutcliffe gets moved to a medium security nick because somebody will have more of a chance of giving the tw@ a good kicking or even better killing the freak!
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

This site seems the most informative:http://www.execulink.com/~kbrannen/otherv.htm
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Hannibal69

Post by Hannibal69 »

Brandy wrote: It might be a good thing if sutcliffe gets moved to a medium security nick because somebody will have more of a chance of giving the tw@ a good kicking or even better killing the freak! Good call Brandy, though, for personal reasons, that is a pleasure I would rather reserve for myself, though you'd be welcome to join in, form an orderly que now please!!!In 1977 Scott Hall said "Hang the Ripper" and it's still good advice today.R.I.P. Jayne and all the others.

Hannibal69

Post by Hannibal69 »

Steve Jones wrote: This site seems the most informative:http://www.execulink.com/~kbrannen/otherv.htm Hi Steve, thanks for that. Actual Keith and I have corresponded on this and related topics regularly over the years. You're quite right, his site is the best and most informative, an invaluable source on the whole sorry affair. The only downside for us is that he lives in Canada, so we can't chew the fat over a few pints.

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

Hi Han - Saw the info on telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews. Hope you find this helpful.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

Hannibal69

Post by Hannibal69 »

Johnny39 wrote: Hi Han - Saw the info on telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews. Hope you find this helpful. Cheers Johnny, thanks for the link.

Misc

Post by Misc »

It seems Sutcliffe may have confessed to Debra's murder when Keith Helliwell spoke to him with regard to a number of unsolved crimes in the 1990s?Debra's killing wasn't a typical Sutcliffe attack so you would assume there must be some compelling reason to suggest that Sutcliffe could be charged with her murder in an attempt to keep him in prison.Her death was a horrible one, and I hope whoever is responsible will one day be held to account.