Yorkshire Evening Post

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Croggy1
Site Admin

Post by Croggy1 »

Yes I think you should send them a link!

kango

Post by kango »

Croggy1 wrote: Yes I think you should send them a link! Link and comment posted ( as tabbycat10)

TABBYCAT

Re: Yorkshire Evening Post

Post by TABBYCAT »

Nice piece in today's YEP about the Beatles visits to Leeds, the accompanying photo shows them enjoying crisps and beer but the reporter shows true YEP credentials with the following.....
"...They enjoyed crisps and Double Diamond lager provided by the cinema. "
LAGER!!!
Double Diamond could be described as many things but lager wasn't one of them.
But coming from a daily that regularly refers to Del Boys van as a Robin Reliant nothing surprises me any more.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

TABBYCAT wrote:Nice piece in today's YEP about the Beatles visits to Leeds, the accompanying photo shows them enjoying crisps and beer but the reporter shows true YEP credentials with the following.....
"...They enjoyed crisps and Double Diamond lager provided by the cinema. "
LAGER!!!
Double Diamond could be described as many things but lager wasn't one of them.
But coming from a daily that regularly refers to Del Boys van as a Robin Reliant nothing surprises me any more.
To be fair, DD could only loosely be described as 'beer'.....“DD is K9P” as CAMRA put it :lol:
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

But did it work wonders for you Davey? :lol:

chemimike

Post by chemimike »

I know I;ve still got a CAMRA badge somewhere that says "DD is K9P"

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

The YEP today (Jan 5 2015) on pages 10 and 11 has an article about the "new-look YEP" that is "just around the corner". I cannot comment on how it is until it comes out, though my impression is that it may be more like a magazine. In the article it states "We also have a new nostalgia page" and "On Wednesday...we introduce our third new nostalgia page, looking back pictorially at Leeds and its highlights" and "we have a new weekend feel to Saturday...making the Yorkshire Evening Post a luxury read for Saturday and Sunday. Our photographers will be showing some hardly seen parts of the city".

One thing that does not seem to be mentioned though is what the cost of the new-look YEP will be!
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

On page 31 of the YEP today (Jan 27 2015) in a section headed 'Blue plaques of Leeds' about the Bar Stones of Leeds it states of the original six 'bars' that "...only three of the stones remain, the Burley bar, the bar on Kirkgate and the North Bar on Vicar Lane but that is hidden behind a shopfront". Oh not it's not! It has been exposed for some months now. :roll:

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

The YEP, bless it, eventually gets there ;).

In a report on page 21 of today's YEP (Feb 6 2015) it informs its readers that there are now two webcams at the Victoria Gate development. In a post of mine on January 10 2015 in the Victoriagate/Eastgate Quarter Development thread I mentioned that there were two then :!:.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Following the recent revamp of the YEP I have been expecting the cover price to be raised and it has done so today (March 2 2015) being raised from 65p to 68p for non-subscribers (they pay 52p, for now!). OK, it only 18p a week more but I wonder if it is at a price that irregular buyers may feel it's even less not worth buying it and so use the online site for information.