Sky Banner

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Si

Post by Si »

There's a light plane circling over Leeds at the moment (4:10.)Anyone close enough to read the banner it's trailing? What's it say?

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

it says "STOP LOOKING AT MY BANNER YOU NOSEY TW@"lolps/has anyone else seen that car driving around with the camera's on a pole?it's something to do with the new google earth street view,sounds good to me!    
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Si

Post by Si »

Well, that's two nosey tw@ts at least, then!

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

Is it anything to do with the Test match? - theres a blimp above Headingley,
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

There's 11 more of them on the pitch wearing England kit
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

tyke bhoy wrote: There's 11 more of them on the pitch wearing England kit Actually there's only 2 as were 'batting' (for want of a better word)- but I know what you mean!!!!    
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

magic

Post by magic »

Brandy wrote: ps/has anyone else seen that car driving around with the camera's on a pole?it's something to do with the new google earth street view,sounds good to me!     Seen that on Gildersome roundabout. a black car i think.

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

magic wrote: Brandy wrote: ps/has anyone else seen that car driving around with the camera's on a pole?it's something to do with the new google earth street view,sounds good to me!     Seen that on Gildersome roundabout. a black car i think. seen a car like that Penda's way about 14:15 this afternoon! saw the sky banner too about 16:30! couldn't read it tho!
Love a Landrover

Si

Post by Si »

drapesy wrote: Is it anything to do with the Test match? - theres a blimp above Headingley, The plane was circling over the Headingley area, so I guess you're right, Drapesy. I saw the blimp, too. That was advertising a gambling website (Betandwin? - haven't they heard of The Trades Descriptions Act? It's like The Bonzo's 24 Hour Dry Cleaning shop - "That's just the name of the shop - it takes three weeks!")The plane and banner must have cost a bit, yet no one seems to have been able to read it!    

munki

Post by munki »

It said JANE TOMLINSON CBE - OUR HERO - XXXI think Jane's husband & daughter were passing through Leeds on their Jon O'Groats - Land's End charity bike ride yesterday.
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.