What is it with Leeds ???

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
chamusdarrach

Post by chamusdarrach »

Ok, I know I don't post on this site very often, but I do visit here every day.My job as a coach driver, involves me driving around Leeds just about everyday to various venues.However, the point of this thread is this.Why does Leeds go forward and create something great, and then not keep on top of it..Viz, Leeds Playhouse..Fantastic venue, well known for the plays that are perfomed there, and the audience for the shows come from all over the north of England.But what is the first impressions that the visitor gets of the place??The area around the playhouse is nothing short of a disgrace, abandoned land, blocked off roads, poor lighting at night, not exactly encouraging visitors to venture into the city centre, after seeing the dereliction around the playhouse..Viz The guided busways..Great idea, the concept of providing a higher standard of bus service ( Remember "Superbus??), but look at it now, overgrown with weeds on Scothall Road, littered with rubbish, and badly in need of a good clean and tidy.But what of the vehicles that use it??Surely, a guided busway should be promoted as being superior to travelling by car, so why, oh why, aren't the 2Purple Worms" using it, just think of the image that would have presented to the rest of Britain, instead of bob standard D/D buses on the busway, and the FTR's struggling on roads that just cannot cope with the size of the things.Viz The Luminare development..Great fantasy idea, but will it ever happen, or is the site destined to be the Leeds version of the Westfield development in Bradford??I'll just leave at these 3 for the moment, but I do await your responses with interest, I,m sure you can think of more !!!
The Health and Safey Executive." Striving to take the fun and enjoyment of life away from us all "

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Why dont we get handouts from the Government like Manchester ,not only have they got the tram,but theyve had a further two extensions to it granted,the third one just after Leeds got knocked back for Supertram.and now £3bn because theyre going to have a congestion charge.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com