Posting pictures...

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Chrism

Post by Chrism »

... is there anywhere on here that'll tell me how to post a picture properly. I can do it on other forums with Imageshack, but when I try the same on here it goes all cock-a-hoop. I know what I'm doing with Imageshack so if someone could tell me exactly what to do I'd be very grateful!
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

OK don't then. :-(

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

Chrism wrote: OK don't then. :-( Sorry mate - but I've never heard of imageshack or what to do with it. I didnt post to tell you that before now as I didn't think you'd want to know, but presumably you do.    
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

92 views, barring a few from me, and no-one can help me? :-(

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Chrism wrote: 92 views, barring a few from me, and no-one can help me? :-( Not come across imageshack - could you save your selected pics to your desktop and load from there following the prompts?

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

I've helped about 10 people post pics on S.L before Chris. I thought i'd let someone else have a go this time. It seems not Chameleon is right, It's easier to upload from your p.c documents. I don't use imageshack but if it's like the one I use you need to paste either the direct link (a href) or the IMG code into the comment box.(you see why it's easier to post a picture file from your p.c now?)     
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Cheers you two!! Next time I'm in Leeds I'll give you a shout and buy you a pint!!

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

...or 2.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Chrism wrote: ...or 2. Do you think we're getting a reputation here phill ?(or is just the way we are anyway hic )The way through the upload isn't always obvious the first time Chrism, just do what it tells you, however illogical it seems, and job's a gooden!