Leeds Is Ace I Tell Thee... ...

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Well - knock me down with a feather! Isn't it sad that so many inocent things are viewed with this fear, but then, there will always be the mindless few who will go too far and spoil things for the majority.I wonder if the Council litter Wardens will be on hand to ticket the feather-droppers!

kierentc

Post by kierentc »

chameleon wrote: but then, there will always be the mindless few who will go too far and spoil things for the majority. you're so right. the millenium square water fight started off good natured enough and descended into a free for all hijacked by idiots who thought chucking water through people's car windows was all part of the 'fun'. there were some seriously hacked off people after that shambles

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Dont know if you noticed the name of the inspector quoted in the article,if his first name was Bed then it couldnt be more appropriate.(unless he was Inspector Case,first name Pillow)
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

kierentc wrote: chameleon wrote: but then, there will always be the mindless few who will go too far and spoil things for the majority. you're so right. the millenium square water fight started off good natured enough and descended into a free for all hijacked by idiots who thought chucking water through people's car windows was all part of the 'fun'. there were some seriously hacked off people after that shambles there are no idiots in a water fight....only kids....if you are in a water fight,then your a kid.....and kids are as kids do!!
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

kierentc

Post by kierentc »

wiggy wrote: there are no idiots in a water fight....only kids....if you are in a water fight,then your a kid.....and kids are as kids do!! these weren't kids they were students who are young adults. although to be fair the event was hi-jacked by chavvy types causing merry hell. there were no real youngsters there.throwing over each other is fun. throwing dirty water scooped off the floor over passing motorists/motorcyclists who didn't ask to be involved, nearly causing accidents and damage to people's car seats is irresponsible idiocy. the 'theyre only kids' bit doesn't hack it, sorry. when i was 18 years old i wouldn't have done this and i had plenty of fun as a teen. my type of fun just didn't involve seriously annoying and upsetting innocent third parties(can you tell i was watching this water fight at work on cctv?)

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

kierentc wrote: wiggy wrote: there are no idiots in a water fight....only kids....if you are in a water fight,then your a kid.....and kids are as kids do!! these weren't kids they were students who are young adults. although to be fair the event was hi-jacked by chavvy types causing merry hell. there were no real youngsters there.throwing over each other is fun. throwing dirty water scooped off the floor over passing motorists/motorcyclists who didn't ask to be involved, nearly causing accidents and damage to people's car seats is irresponsible idiocy. the 'theyre only kids' bit doesn't hack it, sorry. when i was 18 years old i wouldn't have done this and i had plenty of fun as a teen. my type of fun just didn't involve seriously annoying and upsetting innocent third parties(can you tell i was watching this water fight at work on cctv?) AH! students...then i stand corrected sir,in my experience students have knowledge but no sense and more especially,no common sense.students get away with things simply because they are students.were the pranks they play to be used on a council estate,or somewhere like that,then the purpetraters would no doubt be reported as scum or vandals etc...but no no ,they're students,so thats ok.as the great paul calf is likened to say 'students? bag o [edited for content]!'
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

There was due to be a mass pillow fight yesterday at woodhouse Moor arranged via Facebook until the police stepped in and advised the organiser of their serious concerns.it was withdrawn and didn't go ahead.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Steve Jones wrote: There was due to be a mass pillow fight yesterday at woodhouse Moor arranged via Facebook until the police stepped in and advised the organiser of their serious concerns.it was withdrawn and didn't go ahead. I think you'll find this event in the lead message which started this thread Steve.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Ah, I didn't bother following the link as I was reading at work in my lunch break and clinking on links is not encouraged<LOL>.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!