Temple Newsam - Event

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
Croggy

Post by Croggy »

Just a 'warning' to avoid TempleNewsam Park this Sunday 18 May as it is Race for Life day!2 races, morning and afternoon -so unless you are involved/supporting it might be better not to go in that direction!Think I might be walking rather than running this year!

slw

Post by slw »

Croggy wrote: Just a 'warning' to avoid TempleNewsam Park this Sunday 18 May as it is Race for Life day!2 races, morning and afternoon -so unless you are involved/supporting it might be better not to go in that direction!Think I might be walking rather than running this year! I don't blame you jane - especially up those steep hills. Good luck

Croggy

Post by Croggy »

Thank you! - and yeah, the hill from the lake back up to the finish (usually the car park area) was bit of a killer! Current forecast is for sunny intervals - but a bit cooler than last week (thank goodness!)

Croggy

Post by Croggy »

P.s slw - I assume you won't be taking part this year? - (have seen the scan pics on your flickr). Congratulations and good luck.

slw

Post by slw »

Croggy wrote: P.s slw - I assume you won't be taking part this year? - (have seen the scan pics on your flickr). Congratulations and good luck. Thank you for you message Croggy I am not taking part this year, I am having hot flushes anyway without attempting that last hill !! Sarah     

Croggy

Post by Croggy »

I've done my walk/jog today!Finished in around 40 mins I think, which wasn't too bad considering I don't even run for a bus!