NEW Dyneley Arms!(Pool Bank/Otley Rd)

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Just read in tonight's YEP,that the good old Dyneley Arms reopened lastweek after a massive refurbishment due tothe fire of 5 years ago.See the article by 'Taverner' (Simon Jenkins),Most welcome news and,even better,they haveSAM SMITH'S BITTER at £1.70 a pint!!!!They also do good meals, says Taverner.God bless 'Sammy'Smith, who organised therefurbishment. A nice change the usual shuttingdown and demolitions!

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

arry awk wrote: Just read in tonight's YEP,that the good old Dyneley Arms reopened lastweek after a massive refurbishment due tothe fire of 5 years ago.See the article by 'Taverner' (Simon Jenkins),Most welcome news and,even better,they haveSAM SMITH'S BITTER at £1.70 a pint!!!!They also do good meals, says Taverner.God bless 'Sammy'Smith, who organised therefurbishment. A nice change the usual shuttingdown and demolitions! I had a pint of Sam's in the New Inn at Gildersome last night, £2.50 Sam's for bitter and half of their Vintage Cider - Helen loves it! The New Inn is worth a visit for those who like fifties art deco too.
Industria Omnia Vincit

David Raven

Post by David Raven »

I was surprised (pleasantly!) that the pub was refurbished. It seems like pubs are closing down all over the place sometimes, without needing extra problems like fires!I drive past occasionally and have watched the building work with interest. I'm sure they've made the 'new' brickwork look like the building was extended in the past! And the new outbuildings are *almost* believabley erratic in their position, suggesting (pretending) that they've been added haphazardly over the last few hundred years! Someone told me that there are, or will be, flats somewhere around the back... Is this true?CheersDave(Mmmmm. Sam Smiths... must get up and check it out soon... )
Northern Earth Walks

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Perhaps the Otley Run could be extended all the way out to Otley now the Dyneley Arms has re-opened?I couldn't believe those prices in the YEP tonight - it's like their price list is 10 years out of date!
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

Dyneley Arms reopened? I had heard it was going to reopen as an indian restaraunt of all things - Well thats sorted out the destination of tomorrows bike ride, I'll be taking in the commanding views over the Wharfe valley and Almscliffe Crag while knocking back some Sam Smiths before wobbling back to West Park.
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Trojan wrote: arry awk wrote: Just read in tonight's YEP,that the good old Dyneley Arms reopened lastweek after a massive refurbishment due tothe fire of 5 years ago.See the article by 'Taverner' (Simon Jenkins),Most welcome news and,even better,they haveSAM SMITH'S BITTER at £1.70 a pint!!!!They also do good meals, says Taverner.God bless 'Sammy'Smith, who organised therefurbishment. A nice change the usual shuttingdown and demolitions! I had a pint of Sam's in the New Inn at Gildersome last night, £2.50 Sam's for bitter and half of their Vintage Cider - Helen loves it! The New Inn is worth a visit for those who like fifties art deco too. Our lass lived opposite the new inn for six months,needless to say that i grew a bond with the place on a sarurday night.Still pop in every now and then,bottle of old brewery pale ale is my tipple.Loved the art deco too,the windows at the back remind me of mi grandads lat windows on Quarry Hill.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Slapped wrist for yours truly! (Ouch)Grave mistook yesterday,with the price of Sam's Bitter!IT'S ONLY £1.44 a PINT ATM!Oh! Thrice Deepjoy!!!Mindya, it could be a Loss leader to get thepunters in! But worth it whatever they charge.Anyways,Save Some for ME!ArryHey Jonleeds, mate. You can still be nabbed even on a bikeif you're over the limit! Wobbling is a dead giveaway!Best thumb a lift and leave the 'wheels' behind overnight!Not too far to West Park anyway! I can imagine you,rightat this moment queueing outside waiting for 'early doors'donned in oilskins and sou'wester!LOL!

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

cnosni wrote: Trojan wrote: arry awk wrote: Just read in tonight's YEP,that the good old Dyneley Arms reopened lastweek after a massive refurbishment due tothe fire of 5 years ago.See the article by 'Taverner' (Simon Jenkins),Most welcome news and,even better,they haveSAM SMITH'S BITTER at £1.70 a pint!!!!They also do good meals, says Taverner.God bless 'Sammy'Smith, who organised therefurbishment. A nice change the usual shuttingdown and demolitions! I had a pint of Sam's in the New Inn at Gildersome last night, £2.50 Sam's for bitter and half of their Vintage Cider - Helen loves it! The New Inn is worth a visit for those who like fifties art deco too. Our lass lived opposite the new inn for six months,needless to say that i grew a bond with the place on a sarurday night.Still pop in every now and then,bottle of old brewery pale ale is my tipple.Loved the art deco too,the windows at the back remind me of mi grandads lat windows on Quarry Hill. Trouble is Sams isn't a Leeds firm or we could start a thread about them What I find fascinating is that they have their own Pils, Lager, Stout, and Cider. Plus all the wines and spirits behind the bar appear to be marketed by Sams as well.
Industria Omnia Vincit

stevief

Post by stevief »

Trojan wrote: cnosni wrote: Trojan wrote: arry awk wrote: Just read in tonight's YEP,that the good old Dyneley Arms reopened lastweek after a massive refurbishment due tothe fire of 5 years ago.See the article by 'Taverner' (Simon Jenkins),Most welcome news and,even better,they haveSAM SMITH'S BITTER at £1.70 a pint!!!!They also do good meals, says Taverner.God bless 'Sammy'Smith, who organised therefurbishment. A nice change the usual shuttingdown and demolitions! I had a pint of Sam's in the New Inn at Gildersome last night, £2.50 Sam's for bitter and half of their Vintage Cider - Helen loves it! The New Inn is worth a visit for those who like fifties art deco too. Our lass lived opposite the new inn for six months,needless to say that i grew a bond with the place on a sarurday night.Still pop in every now and then,bottle of old brewery pale ale is my tipple.Loved the art deco too,the windows at the back remind me of mi grandads lat windows on Quarry Hill. Trouble is Sams isn't a Leeds firm or we could start a thread about them What I find fascinating is that they have their own Pils, Lager, Stout, and Cider. Plus all the wines and spirits behind the bar appear to be marketed by Sams as well. Apparantly Sam Smiths own a well,which supplies themselves and their neighbours John Smiths with water.So for every pint of John Smiths sold one half penny goes to Sam Smiths-or so I've been told!

Si

Post by Si »

jonleeds wrote: Dyneley Arms reopened? I had heard it was going to reopen as an indian restaraunt of all things - Well thats sorted out the destination of tomorrows bike ride, I'll be taking in the commanding views over the Wharfe valley and Almscliffe Crag while knocking back some Sam Smiths before wobbling back to West Park. It was The Westbourne on Bradford Road, Otley that re-opened as an Indian restaurant.I heard that the fire that closed The Dyneley Arms was caused by someone lighting a fire in a purely decorative fire-place. The heat cracked the flags which then fell into the basement causing the conflagration. Anyone know if there's any truth in this?