Seacroft Adventure Playground

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
zip55

Post by zip55 »

Just down the road on Nth Parkway, we used to play football across the dual carriageway right outside the Felly. Who cared about cars?

robertshaw

Post by robertshaw »

Phill_dvsn wrote: robertshaw wrote: Yeah i remember it. Was a great pass time for us kids back then. Broke my arm on that tower, got pushed down fire pole.Can't believe how it looks around that area now. Those trips to Brid were ace, especially when bus struggled to get up Garrowby hill. I know that name Robertshaw lol.A sister called Cher?There is an old Seacroft and Whinmoor group on facebook, they were only talking about the addy last week. One of the girls posted a photo of Mark Weare in his John Travolta days lol https://www.facebook.com/groups/seacroftls14/ Cher was my sister, she sadly passed away last year.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

robertshaw wrote: Phill_dvsn wrote: robertshaw wrote: Yeah i remember it. Was a great pass time for us kids back then. Broke my arm on that tower, got pushed down fire pole.Can't believe how it looks around that area now. Those trips to Brid were ace, especially when bus struggled to get up Garrowby hill. I know that name Robertshaw lol.A sister called Cher?There is an old Seacroft and Whinmoor group on facebook, they were only talking about the addy last week. One of the girls posted a photo of Mark Weare in his John Travolta days lol https://www.facebook.com/groups/seacroftls14/ Cher was my sister, she sadly passed away last year. Really sorry to hear that, my condolences to you and your family.
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

robertshaw

Post by robertshaw »

Phill_dvsn wrote: robertshaw wrote: Phill_dvsn wrote: robertshaw wrote: Yeah i remember it. Was a great pass time for us kids back then. Broke my arm on that tower, got pushed down fire pole.Can't believe how it looks around that area now. Those trips to Brid were ace, especially when bus struggled to get up Garrowby hill. I know that name Robertshaw lol.A sister called Cher?There is an old Seacroft and Whinmoor group on facebook, they were only talking about the addy last week. One of the girls posted a photo of Mark Weare in his John Travolta days lol https://www.facebook.com/groups/seacroftls14/ Cher was my sister, she sadly passed away last year. Really sorry to hear that, my condolences to you and your family. Thanks

Skellen1666

Re:

Post by Skellen1666 »

Laz wrote:Yeah I remember it - near the chip shop I think?
I remember the Addy and the fish shop and as kids we lived above the fish shop

Wetpainter33

Re: Seacroft Adventure Playground

Post by Wetpainter33 »

Only just found this site while writing my memories.
I was the playleader at Seacroft Adventure playground and remember it with very fond memories.
The kids were great most of the time but one or two caused problems occasionally.
Things were different in those days I could scrounge materials from local firms.
I remember getting delivered scenery from Yorkshire TV which came from a court room scene. This lasted for a while until someone realised the value of the wood.
The playground was developed to cater for all with raised gardens for the handicapped and a nature area with a pond.
Dennis Healy preformed the re opening and I have a press cutting of him riding down the aerial runway.
I was in my early 30's then and am now in my 80's

tilly

Re: Seacroft Adventure Playground

Post by tilly »

Thanks for your post Wetpainter33 welcome to S/L.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.