Aerial photography

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
oldleedsman

Post by oldleedsman »

Whilst looking at Phil D's latest link to his Town Hall adventures (on the Meanwood Beck thread), I spotted he had a photo from webbaviation. Their site is worth checking out - there's some good photos of Leeds at http://www.webbaviation.co.uk/gallery/v/leeds/

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

i think the birdseye views on here http://maps.live.com/ really take some beating! if you zoom into an area of choice then press birdeye view its second to non at the moment.
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

I think this one depends on where you're looking as our house still has the old owners car in our drive, 16 months on!!!!
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

its about 6 months old for ls9 york road area but the quality is spot on!sure beats Google earth any day! if you want any newer footage you best send your CV off to M.I.5 lol if you press the rotate button you seem to get newer pics from different angles.
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Si

Post by Si »

They are shot on different dates, obviously. Either that, or I have two identical cars - one at home and one at work!I have two vertical aerial pics of the Wortley area taken by the RAF in 1948. They are large prints - high resolution and loads of detail, although black and white. They originally came in pairs, shot with two cameras at either end of the aircraft, so they could be viewed stereoscopically. Apparently, every major city in the UK was photographed this way in the late 40s, and so all the 10X8 negs must exist somewhere. The web address on the print is www.walkerairphoto.com.