A new website!

Off-topic discussions, musings and chat
tyke bhoy

Re: A new website!

Post by tyke bhoy »

Thanks Duncan back to 50 per page. Now about this Leeds Chap ;)
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

You've spotted a bug Tyke - well done ;) Off to investigate...
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

:geek: Only grumble is that it doesn't appear that you can create your own password in the settings,otherwise great job everyone
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Steve go to control panel. Select user profile and then account settings. You can have a password of between 6 & 100 characters.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I like the fresh look to the website. I've even managed easily to change my temporary password to my old one. I did try to access the site to log in when I read the email sent yesterday but, apart from having the SecretLeeds.com name, all that was on that linked webpage were links to many other sites of which virtually all were to dating sites! I was glad therefore that the link to the very first log on has now been fixed. :)

As you can see I've even found how to add a smiley using the 'Full Editor' option. I may though have to find my old avatar somewhere or find another cat one. :P
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

tyke bhoy wrote:Steve go to control panel. Select user profile and then account settings. You can have a password of between 6 & 100 characters.
Thanks,I missed that :geek:
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Hi dsco

Don't know if I was doing it wrong, but I got a message saying it wasn't possible to upload a photo.

Also - where is the search facility?

Ta.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Geordie-exile wrote:Hi dsco
Also - where is the search facility?

Ta.
There is a post by Duncan as user Admin earlier in the thread explaining its disabled. The site is presumably still using a google powered search and unfortunately until google catches up with the new sites change in the URL format, it is bringing up results which lead to non existent pages. Google Bot seems to be omni-present in the online registered user list so that could be speeding up indexing.

TABBYCAT

Post by TABBYCAT »

post deleted
Last edited by TABBYCAT on Fri 31 Oct, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Erm, not sure what is going on with the password issue Tabby, I'll look into that - I've done it numerous times on various accounts though so I don't think it's a general problem. The bouncing email address is because I misspelt the link in the email :oops: If you send it to ask@tyrell.mobi it should come through fine. The domain reg page was an interim thing as the domain updated to the new site, the dating sites are nowt to do with me ;)

TykeBhoy is correct about the Google search thing - they still have lots of listings for the old site which I can't redirect at the moment for some reason (which I'm investigating with the hosting provider at the minute). In the mean time I've turned it off rather than have lots of error pages returned.

The photo issue should now be resolved Geordie - there was a quota on attachments which I've now raised.
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.