Site speed today

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Apologies folks - was doing some database maintenance on the site today and, frankly, didn't do it very well That is why the site has been slow at various points this afternoon. Should be resolved now I think but let me know if you continue to experience any issues.
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Cheers dsco. I guessed there was something afoot (or perhaps aninch, as it was minor!) when I had problems posting a photo earlier this afternoon. Thanks for continuing to do a great job keeping SL up and running.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Hi dsco - I'm still having a few speed / database error issues now.A 'refresh' seems to be doing the trick but something seems amiss.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Sorry was making a few more adjustments - should be OK now?
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

dsco wrote: Sorry was making a few more adjustments - should be OK now? Aye - all seems OK at the mo.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

jim

Post by jim »

Threads with more than 26 pages seem to be taking much longer than usual to load above that figure, sometimes timing out to the "page of death". Is it just my computer showing signs of old age, or is it general?    

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

No Jim - it's general. I'm currently pricing up a move to entirely new forum software, I shall get in contact with the bloke about it again today. I'm spending far too much time on spring cleaning and maintenance which barely keeps the place running anyway!

jim

Post by jim »

Thanks Duncan.