Uploading pictures

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
Brandy

Post by Brandy »

bluebell wrote: 'Open the box and type your message.Look below, click on the box 'add attachment'.Click on 'post'Now the page is headed Attachments and says Upload image. Across to the right it says Browes - click on that (ignore the 'continue' box).The next page says Browse... again! Click on that.Now you should have all your Directories listed, double-click on the one where your piccy is saved.Open the folder if it's in one, or do whatever you do to find the pic you want.When you've found it on the list, click once on the name, then click on 'open'.That should give you a preview page showing your pic and where it lives on your PC. If you're happy, click Next.The message should upload Sorry, chaps. Tried this and got nothing.     are you using firefox?if so you have no chance lol for some reason S/L is antifoxyreload internet explorer and try again!thats what i have to do anyroad!
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

bluebell

Post by bluebell »

Thanks, Brandy.No, not having zee foxy one!

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

what happens when you click on the 'add attachments link'just above your posts(the one i have circled in red)i was just wondering if that made any difference??if not i wonder if your firewall is blocking your pictures??Either way i hope you get it sorted because i have been enjoying your pictures of lateps/actually this picture i have just uploaded seemed to take forever so im wondering if theres a fault somewhere over on there side grrrrrrrrrrr    
Attachments
__TFMF_4cm45z45p55cxb45vwkdxj45_518e573e-d25e-4b65-8c2d-66d481c6ac67_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_4cm45z45p55cxb45vwkdxj45_518e573e-d25e-4b65-8c2d-66d481c6ac67_0_main.jpg (86.69 KiB) Viewed 3907 times
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

bluebell wrote: Thanks, Brandy.No, not having zee foxy one! just looking to see where the problem happens... Worked instantly. SL server does sometimes have a hiccup over the weekends which can cause strange things to happen, other than that, I wonder if there might be a problem somewhere in your machine or conection.    
Attachments
__TFMF_pus5v4zet5wn3v55i0yaf5q0_d6bad9c0-7b22-4d6b-9ed7-f43011619329_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_pus5v4zet5wn3v55i0yaf5q0_d6bad9c0-7b22-4d6b-9ed7-f43011619329_0_main.jpg (135.09 KiB) Viewed 3907 times

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

Rather than create a new thread or clutter up others I'm going to try to add a picture here to see whether I can get it to work without resorting to playing with Windows 8 in a virtual machine.Mods please feel free to delete this post, thanks. Sadly looks like I'll have to resort to playing with Windows again.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

BarFly wrote: Rather than create a new thread or clutter up others I'm going to try to add a picture here to see whether I can get it to work without resorting to playing with Windows 8 in a virtual machine.Mods please feel free to delete this post, thanks. Sadly looks like I'll have to resort to playing with Windows again. DSCO has been testing recently but as far as I know nobody has succesfully uploaded a picture with any other browser other than various versions of Internet Explorer.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

I use Linux day-to-day so I've only got Firefox, Google Chrome, Chromium (open source Chrome), Opera and a couple of others that don't work so well. The only way I can post pictures at the moment is to fire up Windows 8 in a virtual machine on my PC and do it from there using Internet Explorer. So I'll be very happy when any other browser but IE can be used it'll mean I can post pictures from the pub and everything.

kango

Post by kango »

I find this Firefox add-on works.(at least it did before site went down)https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... s/?src=api

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I meant I can't upload pictures. I think I've managed to get image tags working in the past though as they're browser independent.    

kango

Post by kango »

Ah! Sorry BarFly I understand the problem now.