Uploading pictures

Don't know your RSS from your HTML? Click here
tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

As I understand it you will need a website to host the image and then just copy and paste the URL of the hosted image into the relevant field on your profile page. It looks like you omit the http/ but include the www. if appropriate
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

and of course : then / in there has been replaced by the emoticon
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Samson

Post by Samson »

Is there anywhere on the site a step by step guide to posting photographs, because i can not find one.I have used the search facility as well, to no avail.I know it may be there, but i can not find it.I am faced with a box and no instructions as to how to post a pictureCheers
Born in East leeds, then lived in Halton and aged 20 moved to Tyneside

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Write a new message Samson. Look at the bottom of the box your typing in. It says 'add attachment' click the box and click 'post' another 'browse' box appears and you select the picture you want & upload it. It will upload & then you click 'finish'    
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Samson

Post by Samson »

I will try and give it a whirl.Thanks for your help
Born in East leeds, then lived in Halton and aged 20 moved to Tyneside

bluebell

Post by bluebell »

Can you upload pictures from your own computer or do you have to upload them from sites like "photobucket", etc. where you have already placed them, please?I have tried "browse" then clicking on pictures on my computer but nothing happens.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

bluebell wrote: Can you upload pictures from your own computer or do you have to upload them from sites like "photobucket", etc. where you have already placed them, please?I have tried "browse" then clicking on pictures on my computer but nothing happens. Try following this, there are a lot of steps but it gets easier with practice. Remember your pactures musn't be too big in memory terms and must be saved as .jpg'Open the box and type your message.Look below, click on the box 'add attachment'.Click on 'post'Now the page is headed Attachments and says Upload image. Across to the right it says Browes - click on that (ignore the 'continue' box).The next page says Browse... again! Click on that.Now you should have all your Directories listed, double-click on the one where your piccy is saved.Open the folder if it's in one, or do whatever you do to find the pic you want.When you've found it on the list, click once on the name, then click on 'open'.That should give you a preview page showing your pic and where it lives on your PC. If you're happy, click Next.The message should upload and the next page gives you the chance to resize, but that's another story!. If you are happy click Finish.Yet another new page giving you the chance to cancel it , say if you picked the wrong piccy (ahem!), or to post. If you're happy, click on continue.That should be it, but remember pictures don't always come on straight away, uncle duncan likes to check them first!Hope all that helps, once you've done it a couple of times, it gets easier - honest'Give it a try    

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

chameleon wrote: bluebell wrote: Can you upload pictures from your own computer or do you have to upload them from sites like "photobucket", etc. where you have already placed them, please?I have tried "browse" then clicking on pictures on my computer but nothing happens. Ftom both (at least). Try following this, there are a lot of steps but it gets easier with practice. Remember your pactures musn't be too big in memory terms and must be saved as .jpg'Open the box and type your message.Look below, click on the box 'add attachment'.Click on 'post'Now the page is headed Attachments and says Upload image. Across to the right it says Browes - click on that (ignore the 'continue' box).The next page says Browse... again! Click on that.Now you should have all your Directories listed, double-click on the one where your piccy is saved.Open the folder if it's in one, or do whatever you do to find the pic you want.When you've found it on the list, click once on the name, then click on 'open'.That should give you a preview page showing your pic and where it lives on your PC. If you're happy, click Next.The message should upload and the next page gives you the chance to resize, but that's another story!. If you are happy click Finish.Yet another new page giving you the chance to cancel it , say if you picked the wrong piccy (ahem!), or to post. If you're happy, click on continue.That should be it, but remember pictures don't always come on straight away, uncle duncan likes to check them first!Hope all that helps, once you've done it a couple of times, it gets easier - honest'Give it a try I think it would be a good idea if admin put this 'how to up-load pictures' of chameleons onto the front page as some kind of sticky because has regulars know uploading pictures to the site is a nightmareBut if you follow these clear instructions of Chameleons here,you will not go far wrongSo if any admin are reading (or have you all left us to our own devices lol)it would be a good idea to 'pin' this to the front page.
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Brandy wrote: chameleon wrote: bluebell wrote: Can you upload pictures from your own computer or do you have to upload them from sites like "photobucket", etc. where you have already placed them, please?I have tried "browse" then clicking on pictures on my computer but nothing happens. Ftom both (at least). Try following this, there are a lot of steps but it gets easier with practice. Remember your pactures musn't be too big in memory terms and must be saved as .jpg'Open the box and type your message.Look below, click on the box 'add attachment'.Click on 'post'Now the page is headed Attachments and says Upload image. Across to the right it says Browes - click on that (ignore the 'continue' box).The next page says Browse... again! Click on that.Now you should have all your Directories listed, double-click on the one where your piccy is saved.Open the folder if it's in one, or do whatever you do to find the pic you want.When you've found it on the list, click once on the name, then click on 'open'.That should give you a preview page showing your pic and where it lives on your PC. If you're happy, click Next.The message should upload and the next page gives you the chance to resize, but that's another story!. If you are happy click Finish.Yet another new page giving you the chance to cancel it , say if you picked the wrong piccy (ahem!), or to post. If you're happy, click on continue.That should be it, but remember pictures don't always come on straight away, uncle duncan likes to check them first!Hope all that helps, once you've done it a couple of times, it gets easier - honest'Give it a try I think it would be a good idea if admin put this 'how to up-load pictures' of chameleons onto the front page as some kind of sticky because has regulars know uploading pictures to the site is a nightmareBut if you follow these clear instructions of Chameleons here,you will not go far wrongSo if any admin are reading (or have you all left us to our own devices lol)it would be a good idea to 'pin' this to the front page. That's quite a compliment Brandy, thank you - yes it can be a bit of a nightmare until you get the hang can't it? ....and remembering the size limit and correct format and so on.... I think I first did this to save old wiggy from a certain heart attack as I remember and keep it to hand to repost now and agin at times of other's desperation At least now it's in the tech support thread, it might be easier for people to find if it helps.

bluebell

Post by bluebell »

'Open the box and type your message.Look below, click on the box 'add attachment'.Click on 'post'Now the page is headed Attachments and says Upload image. Across to the right it says Browes - click on that (ignore the 'continue' box).The next page says Browse... again! Click on that.Now you should have all your Directories listed, double-click on the one where your piccy is saved.Open the folder if it's in one, or do whatever you do to find the pic you want.When you've found it on the list, click once on the name, then click on 'open'.That should give you a preview page showing your pic and where it lives on your PC. If you're happy, click Next.The message should upload Sorry, chaps. Tried this and got nothing.    I get as far "open" in the 4th last line and do not get "preview page showing....pic", or get offered "Next".I have only had success by copying the address of photos on "photobucket".