Leeds Card Discounts

Your favourite days out round Leeds
dervish99

Post by dervish99 »

It would apear that the free entry to Tropical World for Leeds Card Holders is to end on the 1st September 2010. Aparrently you now get a 20% discount instead of free entry, a spokesman from the council said it represented a 20% discount...hmm represents an 80% increase to me!!
Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

dervish99 wrote: It would apear that the free entry to Tropical World for Leeds Card Holders is to end on the 1st September 2010. Aparrently you now get a 20% discount instead of free entry, a spokesman from the council said it represented a 20% discount...hmm represents an 80% increase to me!! But then it was not only once free but, also opened on Christmas Eve complete with carols which mad it a magical place for young children.Still an interesting and worthwhile visit but sadly now rather pricey for a family hour and, understandably, (perhaps) closed on the Eve.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

I'm told that the 20% discount rate brings it into line with wherever else you get a discount on admission.I think the previously free admission with a Leeds Card was a sop to the complaints when they brought in admission charges at Tropical World. And of course one of the main reasons for introducing those admission charges in the first place was the number of coach trips to Leeds that turfed hundreds of people out at Tropical World as part of the trip out - great for the coach operators, not so good for the council.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

dervish99

Post by dervish99 »

raveydavey wrote: I'm told that the 20% discount rate brings it into line with wherever else you get a discount on admission.I think the previously free admission with a Leeds Card was a sop to the complaints when they brought in admission charges at Tropical World. And of course one of the main reasons for introducing those admission charges in the first place was the number of coach trips to Leeds that turfed hundreds of people out at Tropical World as part of the trip out - great for the coach operators, not so good for the council. The card also got you in free to Temple Newsam farm, and that is really not worth paying for, and is very expensive, i don't know if they have introduced the new charge there.The thing with Tropical World is that it was a goood place to take the kids in bad weather, but the cost to get in now makes it roughly the same price as a soft play centre where they can play as long as they want, it's a shame really, i think the council will see it's visitor numbers drop off significantly, as will the business at the cafe.

Reginal Perrin

Post by Reginal Perrin »

dervish99 wrote: raveydavey wrote: I'm told that the 20% discount rate brings it into line with wherever else you get a discount on admission.I think the previously free admission with a Leeds Card was a sop to the complaints when they brought in admission charges at Tropical World. And of course one of the main reasons for introducing those admission charges in the first place was the number of coach trips to Leeds that turfed hundreds of people out at Tropical World as part of the trip out - great for the coach operators, not so good for the council. The card also got you in free to Temple Newsam farm, and that is really not worth paying for, and is very expensive, i don't know if they have introduced the new charge there.The thing with Tropical World is that it was a goood place to take the kids in bad weather, but the cost to get in now makes it roughly the same price as a soft play centre where they can play as long as they want, it's a shame really, i think the council will see it's visitor numbers drop off significantly, as will the business at the cafe. It was the rpinciple reason for us buying Leeds Cards so we had a couple of places to go with the kids when we were peppermint. Add to this the poor standard of all the park play areas and we in Leeds get a pretty shoddy deal from our council.Check out Hemsworth Water Park for what can be provided and also both Whinn Park and Bellfield Park in Inverness where we have recenly come back from holiday. Miles better than we have in Leeds. The tiny play area in Roundhay Park is pitiful in comparison and absolutely rammed on weekends.
Ravioli, ravioli followed by ravioli. I happen to like ravioli.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Reginal Perrin wrote: dervish99 wrote: raveydavey wrote: I'm told that the 20% discount rate brings it into line with wherever else you get a discount on admission.I think the previously free admission with a Leeds Card was a sop to the complaints when they brought in admission charges at Tropical World. And of course one of the main reasons for introducing those admission charges in the first place was the number of coach trips to Leeds that turfed hundreds of people out at Tropical World as part of the trip out - great for the coach operators, not so good for the council. The card also got you in free to Temple Newsam farm, and that is really not worth paying for, and is very expensive, i don't know if they have introduced the new charge there.The thing with Tropical World is that it was a goood place to take the kids in bad weather, but the cost to get in now makes it roughly the same price as a soft play centre where they can play as long as they want, it's a shame really, i think the council will see it's visitor numbers drop off significantly, as will the business at the cafe. It was the rpinciple reason for us buying Leeds Cards so we had a couple of places to go with the kids when we were peppermint. Add to this the poor standard of all the park play areas and we in Leeds get a pretty shoddy deal from our council.Check out Hemsworth Water Park for what can be provided and also both Whinn Park and Bellfield Park in Inverness where we have recenly come back from holiday. Miles better than we have in Leeds. The tiny play area in Roundhay Park is pitiful in comparison and absolutely rammed on weekends. Got to agree with you there Reggie about Rondhay Park,its beyond pitifull,its embarassing.Pudsay Park is pretty good though
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Looks like they're having a rethink on the matter.Rethink over entry fee to Leeds attractions http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... 6519222.jp
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

dervish99

Post by dervish99 »

Half wits at the council, at it again...why do we pay these morons?The charges should be scrapped.

Crazy Jane

Post by Crazy Jane »

Leedscard if you get the 'incapacity' version is really good value for swimming, the price comes down from £3.95 to £2 or even £1.50 at certain times of day.
Evil and ambition scatter in the the darkness, leaving behind dubious rumors to fly in public. To the next world, I commit thee.

dervish99

Post by dervish99 »

It would appear from the Leeds Card Magazine i have just recieved that the free entry to Tropical World and Temple Newsom Farm have been replaced with "discounted admission"