Harry Ramsdens sold!

Your favourite days out round Leeds
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Jogon wrote: don't want to sound thick, but what is IMO that I keep seeing? I know that LOL means lots of love. In my opinion I think it means 'in my opinion' Jogon

iansmithofotley

Post by iansmithofotley »

Jogon wrote: don't want to sound thick, but what is IMO that I keep seeing? I know that LOL means lots of love. Hi Jogon,Maybe you need to check out 'LOL' on this site:http://www.internetslang.com/I am always having to check out the abbreviations used on internet sites and found this site to be very useful and informative. Maybe it's just my age and lack of knowledge.Ian

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Jogon wrote: don't want to sound thick, but what is IMO that I keep seeing? I know that LOL means lots of love. Unless the context in a message suggests otherwise I take LOL to be Laugh Out Loud.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Positive news about the Wetherby Whaler takeover.They do very good fish and chips at their Wetherby branch so lets hope the standard can be maintained, rather than Harry Ramsdens slide into the lower reaches of mediocrity.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Mork of Ork

Post by Mork of Ork »

This is good news as the building & location is an iconic symbol of Leeds IMO (LOL). I enjoy going into the Wetherby Whaler in Pudsey from time to time as they do really nice fish & chips and at a reasonable price for the sheer volume of food you get. Hopefully with that amount of cash getting invested it can get back to it's heyday and become the tourist attraction it once was.

Si

Post by Si »

Mork of Ork wrote: This is good news as the building & location is an iconic symbol of Leeds Hopefully with that amount of cash getting invested it can get back to it's heyday and become the tourist attraction it once was. Harry's, 1952.Leodis description:"7th July 1952. Harry Ramsdens' original fish and chip restaurant at White Cross, Guiseley. This is part of the queue who waited for fish and chips at 1912 price 1 1/2d (less than 1p)."Even though the fish and chips were very cheap on this day, it still shows the popularity of the place. 10,000 people turned up. McDonalds could give their stuff away, and not get this number outside! I remember in the 60s and early 70s happily queuing for an hour at Harry's.    
Attachments
__TFMF_dq0jkmfu1t424bbi5gfvhqbs_88896a47-be43-4555-af7d-1c4284f38ec8_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_dq0jkmfu1t424bbi5gfvhqbs_88896a47-be43-4555-af7d-1c4284f38ec8_0_main.jpg (46.1 KiB) Viewed 3103 times

Yorkshirerose

Post by Yorkshirerose »

Bryans in Headingly was always the best fish and chip cafe we knew in the 60's. We often went there and then on to the Lounge cinema or vice versa.Harry Ramsdens were once trying to open in Australia, but it was something to do with the fat they fry in that stopped them, so I heard.

Heating-eng

Post by Heating-eng »

The new owners have done a good job in bringing it back.