Leeds jazz in the 60's

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
trish

Post by trish »

Dalehelms wrote: I used to listen to Ed O'Donnell at The Coburg in the early 70's. Recently he played every week at Yeadon Liberal Club, then at Drighlington. He now plays every Thursday in Wakefield. I cant remember the name of the venue but will post it when it comes back to me. Thank you, I'd appreciate that. I wonder who's left in the band now....trish

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

LeeRatbag wrote: The Haddon Hall's still there, but hasn't had live music since the early 90s. I played there myself once, in '92. I saw a band called Runston Parva at the Haddon once, they went on to become... ... ... ... ... Oh! What's the name now!!! ;-)
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Pashy

Post by Pashy »

Hi Dalehelms,I'm surprised to hear that Ed O'Donnell is still blowing his trombone.If he's the same Ed I knew he would be in his late 70's by now.CopyaAndy

Tasa

Post by Tasa »

Pashy wrote: Hi Dalehelms,I'm surprised to hear that Ed O'Donnell is still blowing his trombone.If he's the same Ed I knew he would be in his late 70's by now.CopyaAndy I'm surprised too - I remember him from the Adelphi and the Vic in the early 1980s and I thought he was fairly old then (sorry Ed if you see this!!!).    

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

It surely is the same bloke.....same horn, same tunes, same pony tail, same great band, albeit with a few changes in the line-up. I still haven't got the venue but will phone my mate who has listened to him weekly for nigh on 40+ years....In my opinion, he's as good as he ever was.He will be delighted to learn of his SL fame which should happen on Thursday!

Tasa

Post by Tasa »

Well, Humph kept going for so long, we shouldn't be surprised!Do they still do "Hold That Tiger"?

Pashy

Post by Pashy »

What is your mate's name Dalehelms?I might know him.

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

You are making assumptions, Pashy!! It's a her and she's called Liz.

Pashy

Post by Pashy »

It's not Liz Boland ist Dalehelms ?

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

Tis not! I'll need to wait till she comes back from camping in Cornwall to see if it's ok to post her name.