Happy Birthday Secret Leeds! An invite...

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Cheers for the heads up on the YEP story by the way - I'll stick that in the PR file when I get in on Monday There should hopefully be something appearing in Absolute Leeds and the Leeds Guide at some point too.dsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

dsco wrote: Well given that moving film was invented here you would think so eh? I'll get us rolling with some original old skool material...(Probably) the first ever motion picture, the classic film drama 'Roundhay Garden Scene':http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1i40rnpOsAThis is definitely the first film of Leeds city centre, the action thriller 'Traffic Crossing Leeds Bridge':http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7saH58u ... elatedThis is excellent:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eERDGLwn08AThis is also quite amusing, with a great first track too - cover version by They Might Be Giants as I recall... There is some bad language in it though, for those who may be offended:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDOqJxCf ... re=related     "the first man to walk with a limp?" did it in leeds ENGERRLAND lol total class
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

LS1

Post by LS1 »

Always amuses me if ou look in the bottom right of the Leeds Bridge clip, there is a man appearing to hit the youngster he is walking with. Is this the first recorded instance of child abuse also?I was talking more film of Leeds from people who might have taken it. A few years ago I was in thae habit of buying old cine films from people in Leeds in the hope that they would have some stuff of the city on them. All I got was about 2 minutes worth of Commercial Street, and also the building of the Post Office on Wellington Street, so must have been 1975.Anything like that would be well received on here I am sure!

LS1

Post by LS1 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l2vfe1Euk0is pretty good but not very clear

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

LS1 wrote: Always amuses me if ou look in the bottom right of the Leeds Bridge clip, there is a man appearing to hit the youngster he is walking with. Is this the first recorded instance of child abuse also?I was talking more film of Leeds from people who might have taken it. A few years ago I was in thae habit of buying old cine films from people in Leeds in the hope that they would have some stuff of the city on them. All I got was about 2 minutes worth of Commercial Street, and also the building of the Post Office on Wellington Street, so must have been 1975.Anything like that would be well received on here I am sure! yeah i know what you mean.There must be boxes and boxes of old photo's and reel's of film just gathering dust, screaming out to be scanned, uploaded and released again! man i love the power we now have of re-formatting old media and making it available to the masses.
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

LS1

Post by LS1 »

Well, I've got the equipment, (it's a bit old as was for putting cine to VHS but does the job very well. I once knew a woman who had loads of film so she said, of near Camp Road area (now Lovell Park Road) but her son wouldnt let me look at it as he thought I would ruin it. thing is, he didnt have any of the equipment to use it at all, and I offered to put it all onto DVD for him!

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

LS1 wrote: Always amuses me if ou look in the bottom right of the Leeds Bridge clip, there is a man appearing to hit the youngster he is walking with. Is this the first recorded instance of child abuse also?I was talking more film of Leeds from people who might have taken it. A few years ago I was in thae habit of buying old cine films from people in Leeds in the hope that they would have some stuff of the city on them. All I got was about 2 minutes worth of Commercial Street, and also the building of the Post Office on Wellington Street, so must have been 1975.Anything like that would be well received on here I am sure! how much film of leeds was shown on 'the lost world of mitchell and kenyon',i saw a few bits,but never caught the whole series?
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

wiggy wrote: LS1 wrote: Always amuses me if ou look in the bottom right of the Leeds Bridge clip, there is a man appearing to hit the youngster he is walking with. Is this the first recorded instance of child abuse also?I was talking more film of Leeds from people who might have taken it. A few years ago I was in thae habit of buying old cine films from people in Leeds in the hope that they would have some stuff of the city on them. All I got was about 2 minutes worth of Commercial Street, and also the building of the Post Office on Wellington Street, so must have been 1975.Anything like that would be well received on here I am sure! how much film of leeds was shown on 'the lost world of mitchell and kenyon',i saw a few bits,but never caught the whole series? have a deek through here wiggy mate http://www.bfi.org.uk/features/mk/

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

Brandy wrote: wiggy wrote: LS1 wrote: Always amuses me if ou look in the bottom right of the Leeds Bridge clip, there is a man appearing to hit the youngster he is walking with. Is this the first recorded instance of child abuse also?I was talking more film of Leeds from people who might have taken it. A few years ago I was in thae habit of buying old cine films from people in Leeds in the hope that they would have some stuff of the city on them. All I got was about 2 minutes worth of Commercial Street, and also the building of the Post Office on Wellington Street, so must have been 1975.Anything like that would be well received on here I am sure! how much film of leeds was shown on 'the lost world of mitchell and kenyon',i saw a few bits,but never caught the whole series? have a deek through here wiggy mate http://www.bfi.org.uk/features/mk/ i've put that on my desk top so i can browse at leisure,cheers chava.
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

LS1

Post by LS1 »

This is good, but A) if you want to get better quality you have to pay for it, and B) It's not like film from the "real man" (or woman) that I would like to see. Like for example I'm sure most of us go on holiday and take film footage of the place we are at, and never look at it again. Those panoramic views of city scapes in Rome or France or what have you. Well, there maybe/ must be someone out there who came to Leeds in the 50's or something and took film of the city. Maybe some of us have relatives that came to visit and took film, I had a cousin living in Canada, but by the time he'd saved for the air fair he had no cash for a cine camera left!!Anyway, rant over.