THINGS YOU DON'T SEE ANYMORE (Part 1)

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
Si

Post by Si »

I'm afraid they've gone the way of all flesh, Pashy.

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

Kids still play hopscotch, or as we call it in Glasgow, peever. Today, though, the peever beds are painted on school playgrounds, not chalked on the pavement. But it is still played. My grandson even has a polystyrene peever bed for playing in the house or garden.

Si

Post by Si »

Duffel coats.Duffel bags.Pop bottles with a deposit.New wellies tied with string.Star jumpers.Bond Bugs.Nice thread!

stodge.

Post by stodge. »

space dust that crackled on yer tounge,Top and tailing when you had people staying and not enough beds,Stay press trousers and monkey boots for us that couldn't afford D M's. Brown cars.Bob a job week.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Kids playing 'oldskool' games in the street. Whip'n' top, pegs, kick out ball, hide 'n' seek... ... ... etc.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Si

Post by Si »

Marathons, Spangles, Everlasting Strips, Jubilees, Mojos, Opal Fruits/Mints.Spinning tops.Airedale Terriers on wheels.GPO BSA Bantams.

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

polio victimschildren dying from diphtheria
I went down to the crossroads and got down on my knees

Si

Post by Si »

Pink under-coated wooden window frames.Those swivelling chimney pots with vanes on top.Telephone lines with rows of corks on them.Dressing table mirrors in every front bedroom window.

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

entire streets having their curtains closed when someone in the street had diedyellow chemical factory workerspeople with goitres
I went down to the crossroads and got down on my knees

Si

Post by Si »

wiggy wrote: that purple stuff that the nit nurse put on everything from coldsores to shoe blisters. Gentian violet.