THINGS YOU DON'T SEE ANYMORE (Part 1)

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
wiggy

Post by wiggy »

Jogon wrote: Hats Off You've unwittingly given a good description of Holt Park, usually Saturday. Meanwood man on way to shops.ADAM ADAMANT!!!    
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I wonder what the Meanwood man would have looked like on the way back from the shops!
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

majorhoundii

Post by majorhoundii »

wiggy wrote: Jogon wrote: Hats Off You've unwittingly given a good description of Holt Park, usually Saturday. Meanwood man on way to shops.ADAM ADAMANT!!!     Gerald Harper also starred in one of the first YTV series "Hadleigh" about a Yorkshire landowner I think.

Loiner1960

Post by Loiner1960 »

They all looked like that in Meanwood in the 70's. After a dance at the Capitol Ballroom and a sweet sherry at The Becketts Arms..Hadleigh was set in Meanwood Park..    

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

wiggy wrote: Hats Off wrote: Gents in winter capes with gold or silver chain fastening at the collar worn over a suit with a contrast waistcoat with pocket watch, a top hat, silver handled walking cane and white otter skin gloves were other essentials. All the men in Meanwood dressed like this in the 1970's. ARE you sure it was the 1970s..no disrespect but it sounds like the 1870s. and where have you been Wiggy????? All we need is Brandy back as well
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

.....and 'Arry. I hope he is ok. He hasn't posted for a very long time.

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

Yes DH I'm still around! Bits falling off everywhere!Thanks for your concern,mate. So glad to see Wiggy has 'wokken' up again!Has he found his cherry yet?(He sez he lost it in Gledhow Woods ages ago!).I have still kept a vigil on dear old SL of course,but nevercould think of owt new to post! (It's me age tha knaws!)Am I still the oldest fogey on site?Hope the site continues to flourish. I was getting worriedit was going belly up with all the ruckus of the past few months! Fingers and things crossed.CU all later. Cheers Arry AwkXX

tilly

Post by tilly »

Glad to hear your ok Arry nice to know you still look at the site.All the best that goes for you has well wiggy i bet its nice to know you are both missed.lol    
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

'Arry 'Awk wrote: ?Hope the site continues to flourish. I was getting worriedit was going belly up with all the ruckus of the past few months! Fingers and things crossed.CU all later. Cheers Arry AwkXX Great to see you again 'Arry !! Please keep entertaining and informing us wain't tha' ??
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

grumpybloke

Post by grumpybloke »

Out of interest, just how old a fogey are you 'Arry?