THINGS YOU DON'T SEE ANYMORE (Part 1)

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

grumpybloke wrote: Out of interest, just how old a fogey are you 'Arry? Hi. Thanks for the kind welcome everyone!GB- I don't mind admitting,'Im eighty three.Not getting any younger.Blakey lad. Thanks a lot. I'm finding it hard to be entertaining or informative these days! It's the weather tha knaws! Freezesthe brain cells a bit. Thank god for Bell's and Famous Grouse to helpthaw things out a bit!Tilly, thanks luv. Wonder what woke Wiggy up again? Thoughthe'd finally succumbed(eh?) to the Adnams Bitter!(That might roust him out again!).More later. Cheers,Arry

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Hurray! Nice to see you 'Arry lad.Wiggy hasn't been missing has he? He's been posting as wiggy diggy. Unless that's someone else.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

................ and where is chameleon ???

Tasa

Post by Tasa »

Geordie-exile wrote: Hurray! Nice to see you 'Arry lad.Wiggy hasn't been missing has he? He's been posting as wiggy diggy. Unless that's someone else. Welcome back to 'Arry from me as well!I think WiggyDiggy is a different person from wiggy - they have different writing styles (unless that's intentional!). uncle mick wrote: ................ and where is chameleon ??? I am concerned about Chameleon too. I haven't seen a post from him on here since early February and he didn't come to the birthday bash, although I had an email from him indicating that he would do so.

majorhoundii

Post by majorhoundii »

'Arry 'Awk wrote: grumpybloke wrote: Out of interest, just how old a fogey are you 'Arry? Hi. Thanks for the kind welcome everyone!GB- I don't mind admitting,'Im eighty three.Not getting any younger.Blakey lad. Thanks a lot. I'm finding it hard to be entertaining or informative these days! It's the weather tha knaws! Freezesthe brain cells a bit. Thank god for Bell's and Famous Grouse to helpthaw things out a bit!Tilly, thanks luv. Wonder what woke Wiggy up again? Thoughthe'd finally succumbed(eh?) to the Adnams Bitter!(That might roust him out again!).More later. Cheers,Arry Wow! I wondered what had happened to you! Pleased to hear from you!

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Those glass tanks of orange juice at head height on cafe counters with the juice in perpetual motion.    

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Public clocks that give the real time! OK, I exaggerate a little but not much.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

It must be a long time since I last saw a bird's nest in such as garden hedges. They used to be very common and it was fun as a child to feed the fledglings with bread (the adults did not seem to mind as they also took food). I suspect that with increased predation (cats, rodents, other birds) that birds may have adapted to use more secure sites (such as the use of traffic lights, as I recorded in a thread last year) and possibly some may not even build nests now.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Si

Post by Si »

There is an old hedge alongside Sainsbury's in Otley which is chock full of birds' nests. The hedge follows the line of the medieval burgage plot boundaries, and is therefore several hundred years old. The blackbirds, sparrows and wrens are obviously a bit younger...PS Welcome back Wiggy and 'Arry. Nice to hear from you again. It would be nice to hear from Chameleon too.    

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

A busy Secret Leeds forum
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.