True Identity of a fallen soldier in the Great War Part - 8

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

The L McLoughlin was a Liz (Elizabeth) McLoughlin who appears in the 1911 census at 7 Sloe Street with her father Owen McLoughlin.7 Sloe Street is shown as a 2 room property so there would not have been room for a lot of people , and certainly not enough for their to be two soldiers next of kins.If it had been a boarding house then there could have been a slim chance, but a 1 up 1 down early Victorian (possibly late Georgian) back to back would make the odds astronomical.    
Attachments
1911 census 7 Sloe Street.JPG
1911 census 7 Sloe Street.JPG (0 Bytes) Viewed 2115 times
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I thought it may be of interest so I hope you do not mind me posting this cnosni but I wondered where Sloe Street was and found it in this 1893 1:2500 map in the Old-Maps UK website. It is between York Road and Shannon Street, roughly in the centre of the map.    
Attachments
SloeStreetOMUK18931To2500.png
SloeStreetOMUK18931To2500.png (234.34 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Leodian wrote: I thought it may be of interest so I hope you do not mind me posting this cnosni but I wondered where Sloe Street was and found it in this 1893 1:2500 map in the Old-Maps UK website. It is between York Road and Shannon Street, roughly in the centre of the map.     No problems posting anything Leodian, none at all.I have a map i did which i was going to post later but might as well now.It hilights St Pats, Acorn Street (1911 census for Robert and family) and Sloe Street
Attachments
map Sty Pats Acorn Street Sloe Street.JPG
map Sty Pats Acorn Street Sloe Street.JPG (0 Bytes) Viewed 2115 times
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

barnie

Post by barnie »

Dalehelms wrote: I'm loving this thread, cnosni. Me too