Trying To Find Freemason Members Of Persevrence Lodge 3197 ?

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
nico2176

Post by nico2176 »

Hi everyone Zoe here,thanks for all the great help, youve given me in my family history research thus far, I need some help now please I would like to find if anyone on this site knows of the any members of the Persevrence Lodge 3197(freemasons) based now in Pudsey,Leeds my grandad John William Hairyes was a happy member there between 1918/1948 John was born 1895 Holbeck died 1948. His wife was Sarah Butler 1893/1945 he had 3 sons Jack hairyes 1912/1987.Wilfred 1921/ who was also a lodge member there and Eric Hairyes 1920/he lived at 38 Osbourne Terrace holbeck in the 1940s he worked at Leeds City Gas Station .Ive found out he was a vey happy member of the perseverence lodge Id like to find out if theres anyone alive who was a member of this lodge in the 1940s or anyone whos parents or grandparents may be members of the logde in the 1940s . I know its a long shot but i dont have many personal stories for John as most have the family have passed away so id like to find someone who knew him from that lodge or storys about him, any help would be gratefully recived zoe hairyes
nicholas hairyes

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Hi nicoI'm not and I don't, but a work colleague suggests you direct a private/personal query to 'head office' http://www.ugle.org.uk/

nico2176

Post by nico2176 »

hi thanks for that i am hoping theres sombody on this very site who may be a member at persvrence lodge who knows some one who is? kindest regards zoe
nicholas hairyes

book

Post by book »

Won't it be a secret?
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad

nico2176

Post by nico2176 »

hi everyoneno it wont be a secret there a very public and modern orginisation now they even offer tours of the logdes to the public im dissapointed as im very optimistic, thought id find someone in here who at leaset is free mason in pudsey does anyone in here know of anyone who is a mason in the masonic hall,pudsy,leeds,as this the best site online and concentrate speifically on leeds,many thanks zoe
nicholas hairyes

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

nico2176 wrote: hi everyoneno it wont be a secret there a very public and modern orginisation now they even offer tours of the logdes to the public im dissapointed as im very optimistic, thought id find someone in here who at leaset is free mason in pudsey does anyone in here know of anyone who is a mason in the masonic hall,pudsy,leeds,as this the best site online and concentrate speifically on leeds,many thanks zoe Sorry,unable to help on this occasion.Would appear that our regular users and guests are also in the dark.This can happen of course.....not to worry,perhaps we may be able to offer some assistance next time with an alternative query ?
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

http://wrprovince.net/lodge-information ... tact/Found these on Google, ie it is current and live, top is the one you mention, lower I assume is local head office.

nico2176

Post by nico2176 »

thanks jogan , thats great,but what im actually looking for are personel stories of my grandad, from free mason members as allmost all my relatve have sadly passed away.kind est regards and thankyou zoe
nicholas hairyes