St Marks, Woodhouse - photographs

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
sara6b

Post by sara6b »

Hello, I've found this site through Googling "St Marks, Woodhouse"... this is my first posting.Many of us have ancestors buried at St Marks and are aware of the dilapidated state of the church-yard there... in recent years, trying to locate a particular grave was like looking for a needle in a haystack. 'The Yorkshire Indexers' are currently collating information taken from the Burial Registers, Grave Registers, Memorial Inscriptions and along with photographs of Headstones are in the early stages of building a fully searchable record of everyone who is buried at St Marks. I've noticed that some people have photographs relating to St Marks, linked to this Secret Leeds site. I wonder if the owners of these photographs would allow these to be added to the Yorkshire Indexers website please? The photograph would then appear in the "Gallery" section of the website, be fully searchable by surname, with a transcript of the MI and the grave number. Thank you,

BJF

Post by BJF »

St Marks has been revived as a church by I believe an American Evangelical church. A lot of restoration of the building and the graveyard is going on at the moment.They may already have the info you need.