Alwoodley Childhood.

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
DerekT

Post by DerekT »

Hi, Johnny. I bet you took the long way home! Or were you alone?

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

DerekT wrote: Hi, Johnny. I bet you took the long way home! Or were you alone? Far too scary alone Derek!
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

DerekT

Post by DerekT »

Blonde or Brunette, Johnny?

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

DerekT wrote: Blonde or Brunette, Johnny? No hair colour ruled out Derek. Though I always had a soft spot for blondes, in the dark all cats are grey.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

Pete

Re: Alwoodley Childhood.

Post by Pete »

Good evening to all the ex Alwoodley members.

Derek, Leodian, Johnny39, Adelwoods.

I found Alwoodley Childhood a short while ago.
As it was dated 2011 I am not sure if any one will get to read my odds and ends.

Peter Hayes. Born 1933. Lived The Drive. School corner of Nursery Lane and King Lane.
Any one remember it burning (1941) down? That was quite the day. Next few months were spent
at Allerton High School until a new school was built. Next school was Moortown school
on Shadwell Lane.

If I receive any replies I shall add a little more.

All Have a nice weekend.

Peter (Kamloops B.C. Canada.)

Leodian

Re: Alwoodley Childhood.

Post by Leodian »

Pete wrote:Good evening to all the ex Alwoodley members.

Derek, Leodian, Johnny39, Adelwoods.

I found Alwoodley Childhood a short while ago.
As it was dated 2011 I am not sure if any one will get to read my odds and ends.

Peter Hayes. Born 1933. Lived The Drive. School corner of Nursery Lane and King Lane.
Any one remember it burning (1941) down? That was quite the day. Next few months were spent
at Allerton High School until a new school was built. Next school was Moortown school
on Shadwell Lane.

If I receive any replies I shall add a little more.

All Have a nice weekend.

Peter (Kamloops B.C. Canada.)
Hi Pete :).

I moved to Alwoodley in 1975 so my knowledge of the area's history is short so it is always good to hear of things.

The only major change very recently that I am aware of is that a large health centre has opened on the ground between King Lane and St Stephens church. Below is a photo I took on April 6 2016 (there is still some tidying up to do at the site).
New Health Centre off King Lane, Alwoodley, with St Stephens in the rear (taken April 6 2016).
New Health Centre off King Lane, Alwoodley, with St Stephens in the rear (taken April 6 2016).
888R.jpg (105.86 KiB) Viewed 3917 times
In regard to the fire the Leodis photographs website has a few images relating to the fire and this is the link to one of them:- http://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?reso ... SPLAY=FULL
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.