The Gemmell Family

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
TERRY G

Post by TERRY G »

Iam trying to find any info. on a MR J Gemmell who moved from paisley in scotland to the leeds area in the 1940s and stayed at winston mount leeds 6 or any members of his family can any one help me in my search as he was related to my familyregards TERRY G

TERRY G

Post by TERRY G »

Is their any Gemmell's in the leeds area who's father was a Mr J Gemmell who was born in paisley and his father was a Robert Gemmell who was also born in paisley as i am trying to track down any Gemmell's that may be related so i can add to my family tree can anyone helpRegards TERRY G
Attachments
__TFMF_5e1gpnyatvwizd55yo3nsn55_1fac5947-2448-4724-99d2-6f419ec79f18_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_5e1gpnyatvwizd55yo3nsn55_1fac5947-2448-4724-99d2-6f419ec79f18_0_main.jpg (137.52 KiB) Viewed 2500 times

Reginal Perrin

Post by Reginal Perrin »

TERRY G wrote: Is their any Gemmell's in the leeds area who's father was a Mr J Gemmell who was born in paisley and his father was a Robert Gemmell who was also born in paisley as i am trying to track down any Gemmell's that may be related so i can add to my family tree can anyone helpRegards TERRY G I suggest you try Genes Reunited? You may have some success with that.    
Ravioli, ravioli followed by ravioli. I happen to like ravioli.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Here is a few Gemmell marriages in Leeds from 1946,im not sure how complete it is.There is no mention of a Robert Gemmell.The last two,Patricia and Richard,marry each other,must be cousins of some degree (i hope)Mildred I GemmellWalker Jul-Aug-Sep 1946 Leeds Jeanie Gemmell James Jul-Aug-Sep 1960 Leeds William A Gemmell Shakespeare Oct-Nov-Dec 1960 Leeds William GemmellHebdon Jan-Feb-Mar 1966 Leeds Patricia R Gemmell Gemmell Jul-Aug-Sep 1967 Leeds Richard GemmellGemmell Jul-Aug-Sep 1967 Leeds
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Two contacts on Genesreunited who had a Robert Gemmell born PaisleyRobert 1939 Paisley    Lorna    Robert 1938 Paisley    Margaret    
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

TERRY G wrote: Iam trying to find any info. on a MR J Gemmell who moved from paisley in scotland to the leeds area in the 1940s and stayed at winston mount leeds 6 or any members of his family can any one help me in my search as he was related to my familyregards TERRY G Terry,what was J Gemmells first name and do you know any details on his wife,ie maiden name?

TERRY G

Post by TERRY G »

Hi cnosniThank you very much for that infoAll i know is that a Robert Gemmell married aJeanie Kennedy Adam in 1909 in paisleyJeanie died in 1938 aged 48 years in paisleyRobert died in 1947 aged 60 years in paisleyThey had a son J Gemmell it could be john or jamesi dont know, He lived at Winston mount leeds 6

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

I would suspect that Jeanie James nee Gemmel in cnosni's list of marriages is likely to be Robert and Jeanie's grandaughter but proving it .......... I may be proved wrong by those more in the know but wouldn't imagine there would be that many Jeanie's in Leeds circa 1960 and having a grandmothers name is very feasible
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/