tracing Army records

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

cnosni wrote: stutterdog wrote: oldkirby wrote: You say his pension was a good one, if he had reached the rank of lieutenant or higher he will have been "gazetted" (his name will appear in the London Gazette). www.gazettes-online.co.uk it is a free site, maybe try the Search Builder option as it is easy to get lost. Good luck     Hi oldkirby, He wasn't an officer so would not be in the London Gazette. Was £1-1s a week a good pension in 1920? I would have thought so, but then again maybe not.He must have sustained a wound or some sort of disability whilst serving in the Army. I have not got his medals as he died when my mother was 16 and by that time her mother had died too.She didn't know who had got his medals. Ok ive found no mention on the Leeds National Roll of Honour for WW1I have found a medal record for a Federick Lazenby in the Northunberland Fusileers,private ,number 7/1195,but it is marked "presumed dead"does that number match your absent voters record?will keep hunting     Got his war record on Ancestry mate.Not in Northumberland Fusileers,in West Yorkshire Regiment.Address 7 Barkers buildings,Burmantofts,wife Mary Ellen McKay married by the Rev Kennedy at St Marys (i assume Mabgate)02/08/1903 ,children John WilliamCatherineFlorence OliveLet me know if this is the man and ill either post the images on here or i can email you them
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

cnosni wrote: Brandy wrote: Here chris ive got a mission for you if you wish to acceptI was out hunting with the detector on some new land up at barnbow that ive just got permision on.Anyway i unearthed this excellent ww1 medal shown here.it has cleaned up nicely and on the side is the inscription>128088PNR .j.w RICHARDSON R.EI would really love to find his surviving family members so i could possibly give them it back,what do you think mate??Ive emailed the British legion to see if they can help?     Well ill see what i can do.Ill have to make some assumptions at first. Not good im afraid mate.I took the name,and assumimg thet RE was for "Royal Engineers" i looked for all Richardsons.None with the initials J Wthen checked wit possible army number 128088,nothing at all.Checked the National Roll of Honour and found a W Richardson,Sapper,Royal Engineers address 1 Union Place,Holbeck.But this guy doesnt turn up on any other military records
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

cnosni wrote: cnosni wrote: stutterdog wrote: oldkirby wrote: You say his pension was a good one, if he had reached the rank of lieutenant or higher he will have been "gazetted" (his name will appear in the London Gazette). www.gazettes-online.co.uk it is a free site, maybe try the Search Builder option as it is easy to get lost. Good luck     Hi oldkirby, He wasn't an officer so would not be in the London Gazette. Was £1-1s a week a good pension in 1920? I would have thought so, but then again maybe not.He must have sustained a wound or some sort of disability whilst serving in the Army. I have not got his medals as he died when my mother was 16 and by that time her mother had died too.She didn't know who had got his medals. Ok ive found no mention on the Leeds National Roll of Honour for WW1I have found a medal record for a Federick Lazenby in the Northunberland Fusileers,private ,number 7/1195,but it is marked "presumed dead"does that number match your absent voters record?will keep hunting     Got his war record on Ancestry mate.Not in Northumberland Fusileers,in West Yorkshire Regiment.Hello cnosni.The Fred in the N'umberland Fuslrs.Was the one I found on Leeds C.C list of Absent voters.There was no other information online. You have however come up trumps with the information I gave you yesterday! This is absolutely amazing! I am really grateful to you for taking the trouble to obtain my Grandfathers War Service record.Thanks cnosni! What a great piece of research! Florence was my mother.Address 7 Barkers buildings,Burmantofts,wife Mary Ellen McKay married by the Rev Kennedy at St Marys (i assume Mabgate)02/08/1903 ,children John WilliamCatherineFlorence OliveLet me know if this is the man and ill either post the images on here or i can email you them You can post it on here or maybe better to email? I dont really want to put my email address on here?
ex-Armley lad

Loiner in Cyprus

Post by Loiner in Cyprus »

cnosni wrote: cnosni wrote: Brandy wrote: Here chris ive got a mission for you if you wish to acceptI was out hunting with the detector on some new land up at barnbow that ive just got permision on.Anyway i unearthed this excellent ww1 medal shown here.it has cleaned up nicely and on the side is the inscription>128088PNR .j.w RICHARDSON R.EI would really love to find his surviving family members so i could possibly give them it back,what do you think mate??Ive emailed the British legion to see if they can help?     Well ill see what i can do.Ill have to make some assumptions at first. Not good im afraid mate.I took the name,and assumimg thet RE was for "Royal Engineers" i looked for all Richardsons.None with the initials J Wthen checked wit possible army number 128088,nothing at all.Checked the National Roll of Honour and found a W Richardson,Sapper,Royal Engineers address 1 Union Place,Holbeck.But this guy doesnt turn up on any other military records Dont know if this will help at all. After his number it says PNR. This could possibly be Pioneer i.e. he was a member of the Pioneer Corps. Hope this may be of some help.

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

stutterdog wrote: cnosni wrote: cnosni wrote: stutterdog wrote: oldkirby wrote: You say his pension was a good one, if he had reached the rank of lieutenant or higher he will have been "gazetted" (his name will appear in the London Gazette). www.gazettes-online.co.uk it is a free site, maybe try the Search Builder option as it is easy to get lost. Good luck     Hi oldkirby, He wasn't an officer so would not be in the London Gazette. Was £1-1s a week a good pension in 1920? I would have thought so, but then again maybe not.He must have sustained a wound or some sort of disability whilst serving in the Army. I have not got his medals as he died when my mother was 16 and by that time her mother had died too.She didn't know who had got his medals. Ok ive found no mention on the Leeds National Roll of Honour for WW1I have found a medal record for a Federick Lazenby in the Northunberland Fusileers,private ,number 7/1195,but it is marked "presumed dead"does that number match your absent voters record?will keep hunting     Got his war record on Ancestry mate.Not in Northumberland Fusileers,in West Yorkshire Regiment.Hello cnosni.The Fred in the N'umberland Fuslrs.Was the one I found on Leeds C.C list of Absent voters.There was no other information online. You have however come up trumps with the information I gave you yesterday! This is absolutely amazing! I am really grateful to you for taking the trouble to obtain my Grandfathers War Service record.Thanks cnosni! What a great piece of research! Florence was my mother.Address 7 Barkers buildings,Burmantofts,wife Mary Ellen McKay married by the Rev Kennedy at St Marys (i assume Mabgate)02/08/1903 ,children John WilliamCatherineFlorence OliveLet me know if this is the man and ill either post the images on here or i can email you them You can post it on here or maybe better to email? I dont really want to put my email address on here? yes that is my Grandad!
ex-Armley lad

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Loiner in Cyprus wrote: cnosni wrote: cnosni wrote: Brandy wrote: Here chris ive got a mission for you if you wish to acceptI was out hunting with the detector on some new land up at barnbow that ive just got permision on.Anyway i unearthed this excellent ww1 medal shown here.it has cleaned up nicely and on the side is the inscription>128088PNR .j.w RICHARDSON R.EI would really love to find his surviving family members so i could possibly give them it back,what do you think mate??Ive emailed the British legion to see if they can help?     Well ill see what i can do.Ill have to make some assumptions at first. Not good im afraid mate.I took the name,and assumimg thet RE was for "Royal Engineers" i looked for all Richardsons.None with the initials J Wthen checked wit possible army number 128088,nothing at all.Checked the National Roll of Honour and found a W Richardson,Sapper,Royal Engineers address 1 Union Place,Holbeck.But this guy doesnt turn up on any other military records Dont know if this will help at all. After his number it says PNR. This could possibly be Pioneer i.e. he was a member of the Pioneer Corps. Hope this may be of some help. Thanks,will give that a try.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Ok stutterdog here goes

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Sorry but the images are too large for uploading on here.Place a message with your email address,then after ive got it then edit the message and remove it

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

cnosni wrote: Ok stutterdog here goes If it dont work cnosni I'll put my email address on! Thanks.Got the downloads now but cant read the documents ,the writing is too small for my mince pies! sorry Mate! Try my email.I've taken it off now,but did you get it when I posted it?    
ex-Armley lad

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

gonna try again
Attachments
__TFMF_sy4amuehxwgt1p450vwad455_8e3fcd33-5ade-403b-aed9-932ea64a7b3a_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_sy4amuehxwgt1p450vwad455_8e3fcd33-5ade-403b-aed9-932ea64a7b3a_0_main.jpg (78.34 KiB) Viewed 1685 times