1940's school photos

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

HelloI live in australia, however, my father was born in Hunslet joined the English army who then "steered" him into joining the Australian army which he did and arrived in sydney in 1958. I was wondering if anyone may have some school photos from South Accommodation Road school or Ellerby lane Secondry Mod. He was born in 1934 (at home opp the Brookfield Hotel). Or any other photos you may think appropriate.He is ill now and I have put together some photos from Leodis.I have also printed off the Leeds lost Pubs thread as I am sure he managed to drink in every pub in Leeds prior to leaving for australia!His name is Ron (Ronnie Carter) and moved from Brookfield St to Winrose Ave Leeds in about 1948.We never had enough money to go back to England unfortunately.Hoping someone may be able to help mecheersShelley    

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

you must mean St. Stephens school which was on Sth Accomm.Try leodis again with this as a search item.Photos and plenty of comments from ex pupils.
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Also why not try Friendsreunitedhttp://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

Nice to hear from you Shelley - if your dad has any particular memories of leeds pubs I'd love to hear them! Incidentally the Brookfield is still there - but its no longer a pub, but a private hotel. The Mulberry (which is opposite) is still there - there's a photo of it I posted on the 'pubs worth celebrating' thread [page 5]that might also be of interest to you.    
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Good morningHi Dog no definately Sth Accomm road...but thanks anyway..he was an alter boy (how i dont know hahah) somewhere and Im thinking the chapel across the road from that school...Phil I have checked Friends Reunited with no success BUT did find pics of Sth Accom Road and Ellerby Lane schools on Leodis! Also I have printed off your pub thread with all the pics.Drapesy and Phil I am off to see Dad this morning - let me tell you I could have a 100 page thread of his events in pubs Hahaha! And he elet in 1958! at age 25! Started in the Brookfield at 16 so with 11 years of drinking stories I will come back today armed! Will report some funny ones!I WILL travel to Leeds in the next few years and have checked out the Brookfield looks nice and not to xxy - where would you guys suggest staying (medium priced places) I hope to be able to bring my two boys too.So, sorry to woffle on, but I have made a 62 slide powerpoint presentation for Dad and hope it works on the telly...Dad has prostate cancer with secondary bone (you two and all the blokes reading this - get checked every year it can be avoided) ok off the soap box...I love this site by the way and will check in later - only bad thing is the time thing....Take care till next timeCheersShelleyxx    

Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Sorry Drapesy but where is the pubs worth celebrating thread? Im looking quickly before i leave but will check in later.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Shelley wrote: Sorry Drapesy but where is the pubs worth celebrating thread? Im looking quickly before i leave but will check in later. here you go shelley http://www.secretleeds.com/forum/Messag ... ighLight=1
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.