Leeds Brewery sold.

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
Leodian

Leeds Brewery sold.

Post by Leodian »

It is reported on page 13 of the Yorkshire Evening Post today (July 8 2016) that the Leeds Brewery estate has been sold to the North East family brewer Camerons. The report states that no jobs will be lost and that Leeds Brewery will continue to brew its own range of beers to be sold across the group. Leeds Brewery runs seven pubs, including such as the Lamb & Flag and The Midnight Bell in Leeds.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

liits

Re: Leeds Brewery sold.

Post by liits »

Along with Wilson's pork pies and fish & chips from Coe's, a session on Midnight Bell at the Brewery Tap are the three of the things that make visits to Leeds worthwhile.
I hope Camerons don't change the recipe.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

On My visits to Leeds Wilsons Pies are a must , but in recent Years have abandoned Coe's for the Skyliner .
As for the Cameron promises they could mean nothing within a short space of time, hope not.
If I come up to Leeds on the Train I shall drop in there for two or three pints and kip on the way back to the South West.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Fear not Liits Camerons won't have anything to do with the recipe. They have only bought the Pubs not the brewery. Leeds Brewery can now concentrate on expanding the range and the capacity but that will probably mean additional premises or new bigger premises. I think, though it won't be much, their capacity has reduced because there is/was some brewing done upstairs at the Brewery Tap.

Camerons recently bought the Head of Steam chain and appear to have changed little of the ethos there and are suggesting they will also leave the Leeds Brewery pubs pretty much as are.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/