"Leeds Orderaround" Pub Map

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
stevelovell

Post by stevelovell »

Here's a map I've spent over a year putting together.I'm always pleased to hear about places that need adding or removing. There are already quite a few that I've added and removed since this version though. E.g. removed, Hoagy's, added Roxy's, Scene, Inkwell etc. Let me know if you have any other suggestions. Even though I designed this and I'm still not bored of looking at it!You can scroll around the full design here:http://www.albanydesign.co.uk/shop.htm# ... rderaround
Attachments
400_leeds_orderaround.jpg
400_leeds_orderaround.jpg (96.89 KiB) Viewed 4447 times

Steve266

Post by Steve266 »

Now thats what I call a tube system
life is not a dress rehearsal

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

A labour of love!
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

I've seen it in Jackdaw picture shop at Headingley lights, looked good.Watch out though, the moderators frown on 'advertorial'

stevelovell

Post by stevelovell »

Hmnn, you won't have seen this one actually. You'll have seen an inferior one that's nowhere near as detailed, extensive or up to date. Mine looks far better even if I do say so myself. I'm from Leeds and the other one out there wasn't done by someone from Leeds.I posted more with a view to getting hints on places to add or remove without having to trawl through all the posts, but I'll probably do that anyway. Besides, it seemed reasonable that people here would be interested in it.

RobH

Post by RobH »

stevelovell wrote: Let me know if you have any other suggestions. Even though I designed this and I'm still not bored of looking at it! Wow, that must have taken a while to put together. Well done!Some suggestions for North Leeds.I couldn't see the Eagle (Sam Smiths pub on North Street) anywhere.The Hub has been replaced by 'The Pit', and is the other side of 'Zed', rather than next to the Mustard Pot.There is a new bar further up on Harrogate Road, after the Queens Arms, called 'G-Wu'. It's part of a restaurant, but I believe it operates separately as a bar (rather than just a holding area for people waiting to be seated in the restaurant).As for the City CentreHoagy's has gone.There is a new pub called 'Tapped' on Boar Lane, and one called 'The Atlas' on the corner of King Street and St Paul's Street. I Couldn't see either of those on your map.I believe 'Indie Joze' was a coffee shop, not a bar, and is in any case long gone.

Steve266

Post by Steve266 »

There's something very similar in the Myrtle pub in Meanwood that refers to Leeds Brewery I think it's Leeds Brewery and it just points out their pubsThis ones far superior
life is not a dress rehearsal

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

Good to see that The University of Leeds is proudly tweeting about its former Design student's innovative guide to exploring Leeds.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

I've got some books for sale, lol.

Hats Off

Post by Hats Off »

It's made one of the nationals too :http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -city.html