Anykind folks willing to help my closed Leeds pubs project?

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Admin: moved thread to the Public houses forum
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

dsco wrote: Admin: moved thread to the Public houses forum Note to self: 2 pints blue top & a sliced wholemeal. end.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Jogon wrote: dsco wrote: Admin: moved thread to the Public houses forum Note to self: 2 pints blue top & a sliced wholemeal. end. You forgot to add a brain to your list    
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

amyart93 wrote: Hi all, basically I am a student at the University of Leeds and i've decided to do a photography project on trending cultures. One of my interests are the currently closed Leeds pubs, which are still there,as pubs, but not open for trade. I'm from Birmingham, so Leeds is fairly new to me, I'm sorry if this forum is not for things like this, but if anybody could help give me a few closed pubs name/ streets this would be amazing, and you will be contributing to my degree!Thank youAmy Try this link http://www.closedpubs.co.uk/yorkshire/leeds.html
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Phill_dvsn wrote: And another closed pubs list.Again double check they still stand, haven't re-opened, or haven't been refurbished as another business before visiting. http://www.closedpubs.co.uk/yorkshire/leeds.html     What's the non-tetley pub down by the former brewery? Think that still stood last time I passed by?

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Jogon wrote: What's the non-tetley pub down by the former brewery? Think that still stood last time I passed by? The Crown Hotel on Crown Point Road? It was still standing last Tuesday... Amy, if you're using public transport from the uni, the 56 will bring you to the very heart of Swarcliffe where you can observe the delights of The Staging Post (which is definitely closed) and The Whinmoor (which looked closed, again, last time I passed). You'd also pass the site of the Squinting Cat (aka The John Smeaton), but that has been flattened now....Or check out the closed pubs thread link further up the page for lots of closed pubs in the city centre that now have new uses.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Ravey yes the crown. Legend had it Tetley employees used to like to drink non-tetleys in there.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

and if you go onto Hunslet road from The crown, there is The Mulberry opposite BRAIMES.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!