Real Ale lovers take note!!

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

arry awk wrote: PS; I thought a 'Mother in law' was stout and bitter???Arry Probably not the Yorkshire "version" but I always knew that as a black and tan. Of course the Irish themed bars changed it. I think scruffy Murphy's was the first of its type in Leeds so the B&T became a pint of scruffy's
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

How could I have forgotten a "Black & Tan", thanks Tyke bhoy.I once worked with a guy in the 1970's who got badly beaten up on holiday in Dublin for innocently asking for one of these in a pub!
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

stevief

Post by stevief »

A warning to Real Ale lovers.Avoid the Aire of the Dog on the WarnerVillage,it no longer sells cask beer.The handpumps are for purely for decoration.We were having someones leaving 'do' in there yesterday and I was on a very bland Tetleys smooth:-(

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

stevief wrote: A warning to Real Ale lovers.Avoid the Aire of the Dog on the WarnerVillage,it no longer sells cask beer.The handpumps are for purely for decoration.We were having someones leaving 'do' in there yesterday and I was on a very bland Tetleys smooth:-( Sounds exactly like the Sycamore in Morley.Wetherspoons are having a real ale festival. Admitedly this was in Dewsbury but we had a pint of something called 78 from Ringwood and a 1/2 of Plum beer for £2.50. Helen likes Kreik, but she wasn't keen on the Plum - I thought it not bad - cheap though!
Industria Omnia Vincit

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

The Leeds Brewery lads have bought the Prince of Wales in town,not sure when they will move in.Love their beers,but i hope they retain a couple of options,especially Timmy Taylors range.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Glenny3363

Post by Glenny3363 »

With regard to earlier posts on this thread about the Albion and it not serving cask ale.Well its just had a 90Grand makeover, much needed inside!!!The inside is ok, even though I play pool, they now have a large pool table in what was the lounge leaving much less seating and it looks very out of place.The outside is black signs with big gold lettering, looks very gareish!!After it was finished, this is the bit relevant to ale!, I walked in and asked for Guiness, same reponse as earlier poster, "we don't sell it anymore, no call for it"No call for Guiness!!! every pub in the land sells it, and since they don't serve cask ale it was the only thing worth drinking!!!But, I went in this week and its back on, outcry from customers apparently!So if enough people moan about cask ale disappearing, perhaps more pubs will re-stock the stuff??only a thought!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

if any of you are visiting gt yarmo or anywhere on the south east coast this summer,i'll meet up and take you's for a beer....make you realise how lucky you are!
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

wiggy wrote: if any of you are visiting gt yarmo or anywhere on the south east coast this summer,i'll meet up and take you's for a beer....make you realise how lucky you are! Scratby/California? (Somehow don't think you mean Adnams )

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Glenny3363 wrote: With regard to earlier posts on this No call for Guiness!!! every pub in the land sells it, No Sam Smiths pubs have their own version.
Industria Omnia Vincit

stevief

Post by stevief »

I tried a pint in the Midnight Bell (Holbeck) on Sunday afternoon.Beer spot-on,nice pub,bright,airy,comfortable and well set out.Kitchen upstairs so no food smells lingering about the place.Well worth a visit and right next door to the Cross Keys.