The Owl Inn - Rodley. Closing

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
whitecoatboy

Post by whitecoatboy »

ive heard the same, hopefully reopening soon.
if it feels good ......... dig it!

mhoulden

Post by mhoulden »

I went past it earlier today and there's definitely things going on there. On Twitter someone suggested it should reopen on the 1st of May, just in time for the bank holiday. Meanwhile the previous landlady has won best improved pub for her work at the Fleece: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... -1-6539440.

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

mhoulden wrote: I went past it earlier today and there's definitely things going on there. On Twitter someone suggested it should reopen on the 1st of May, just in time for the bank holiday. Meanwhile the previous landlady has won best improved pub for her work at the Fleece: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... -1-6539440. Went past this afternoon and there was A "Sky" installation van outside so it must be going to be" one o' them sort of pubs". Lots of new signage on the outside walls! Won't be going in there then!    
ex-Armley lad

polo

Post by polo »

hey thats my aunt i had no idea she'd made it into paper

jim

Post by jim »

Apparently the Owl is being re-opened by a "group" which has been connected with management of The Wrens, The Central (Wellington Street), and The Grove. One of the group has an appalling reputation for what I will carefully describe as "people skills". I shall not willingly be entering any of these pubs so long as he is involved.

BJF

Post by BJF »

He's also taken over the Grove. The long established jazz club has had to close because he 's stopped putting money into it.