Stanningley Traveller and Sun Inn, Stanningley Bottoms

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Trav is reopening on 27th July, nicely repainted, and there's activity and the Sun, windows open, steel windows removed, though my daughter tells me it's going to be a Thai Restaurant, and having frequented the Sun once, I prefer it as a Thai place....

Mork of Ork

Post by Mork of Ork »

I used to go in the Sun Inn all the time to drink a few bottles of Metz. Then into the Jet garage on the way home for a pack of Twiglets, some fags and a mucky magazine.Ah those were the days...

Caron

Post by Caron »

Ahh...memories My friend and I would frequent The Traveller every weekend in the 80's. It used to be packed out. Always had a good laugh in there and never once was there any trouble.Can anyone tell me the name of the pub before it became, The Pig n Whistle on Richardshaw Lane, please?Thanks.

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

Caron wrote: Ahh...memories My friend and I would frequent The Traveller every weekend in the 80's. It used to be packed out. Always had a good laugh in there and never once was there any trouble.Can anyone tell me the name of the pub before it became, The Pig n Whistle on Richardshaw Lane, please?Thanks. The Great Northern. Its actually changed its name back, and is the Great Northern once again
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

Caron wrote: Ahh...memories My friend and I would frequent The Traveller every weekend in the 80's. It used to be packed out. Always had a good laugh in there and never once was there any trouble.Can anyone tell me the name of the pub before it became, The Pig n Whistle on Richardshaw Lane, please?Thanks. The P&W would have been The Great Northern I think,frequented I believein the 60's by a character called 'Black Emma',more to do with herattitude than the colour of her skin.Many happy nights on late turn in The Sun,was the landlord called Frank ?
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.