The last tied Tetley's house

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
simong

Post by simong »

An article I have just read(1) says that The Fleece in Farsley is the last pub owned by Tetley, as well as being one the original two bought in 1890. That's rather notable, if not in a good way. The last time I went in it didn't even have keg Tetley's so I may have to pay a visit soon.1. http://ohbeeryme.tumblr.com/post/267738 ... porter-5-2 (reviewing Tetley's Trust Porter, again notable as being the first new beer made under the Tetley's name since the brewery was closed)

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

I think that probably should read "was" as I believe it has been owned by Punch Taverns for a number of years

simong

Post by simong »

I thought that couldn't be right, and indeed it is a Punch managed pub (which means you'll probably never get a decent pint of anything in there). It would have been an interesting anomaly if it was true.    

trophy

Post by trophy »

called in the calverley arms the barman? took the sparkler of and pulled a completely flat pint on questioning this i was told its too lively i had to refuse it he then pulled another pint with the sparkler on after a top up it was fine!!!!

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

trophy wrote: called in the calverley arms the barman? took the sparkler of and pulled a completely flat pint on questioning this i was told its too lively i had to refuse it he then pulled another pint with the sparkler on after a top up it was fine!!!! Doh ! Was he from "darn sarf" ?
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !