The spirit of the Lloyd's Arms lives on

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
drapesy

Post by drapesy »

As I often drive past the site of the former Lloyd's I cant help but be impressed by the intrepid gang who invariably seem to gather on the exact spot to keep the memory of the old pub alive by consuming large amounts of alcohol at all hours of the day.It shows real dedication to the cause to swig strong cider from a bottle(cunningly concealed in a LIDL carrier) at 9.30 in the morning on a miserable wet day. Hats off to all concerned!!!    
Attachments
__TFMF_iozi5izkor5xe1vy1vxpmj55_e46887c1-aa7d-40ca-a383-5de8cd813bbd_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_iozi5izkor5xe1vy1vxpmj55_e46887c1-aa7d-40ca-a383-5de8cd813bbd_0_main.jpg (44.2 KiB) Viewed 4770 times
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

Tasa

Post by Tasa »

Otherwise known as the Builders Arms in Queenie's Castle. Quarry Hill Flats' moment of fame! Actually, really good opening/closing credits overlooking the outside market. Those of you watching telly in the early 70s will know what I mean.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Yes Tasa - I remember "Queenie's Castle" very well - excellent series. I believe that some of the pub interior shots were filmed in the City of Mabgate pub also.
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

I also remember very well the Smiths Arms and the Railway in Marsh Lane. Interesting to hear that Marsh Lane Station was the terminus of the very first railways to serve Leeds from the east in the nineteenth century and before any stations were built in the TOWN centre. Nowt to do with beer, sorry for digressing.
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Tasa wrote: Otherwise known as the Builders Arms in Queenie's Castle. Quarry Hill Flats' moment of fame! Actually, really good opening/closing credits overlooking the outside market. Those of you watching telly in the early 70s will know what I mean. http://www.secretleeds.com/forum/Messag ... ighLight=1
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Tasa

Post by Tasa »

Thank you Brandy - just relived my past on YouTube!

shoney

Re: The spirit of the Lloyd's Arms lives on

Post by shoney »

Queenie's castle the full two series at on YouTube color then b\w as ITV
strike blocked color shows the first episode has great local scene s
and with the old builders arms as they called it

TABBYCAT

Re: The spirit of the Lloyd's Arms lives on

Post by TABBYCAT »

Many happy pints supped here after band rehearsal at Market District Boys Club.