LAKE KIRKSTALL

The green spaces and places of Leeds
BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Admittedly this is in a way a "spoof" picture, but early one November morning I went on my balcony in Queenswood Drive and looked towards Bramley, and I got the strangest feeling that the mist looked just like a lake for a few minutes. It was what you might call a magic moment, and it doesn't often look as convincing as that.
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

simonm

Post by simonm »

Im sore there was a piccie on here once with that very same image. The whole valley in mist.
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

Si

Post by Si »

BLAKEY wrote: Admittedly this is in a way a "spoof" picture, but early one November morning I went on my balcony in Queenswood Drive and looked towards Bramley, and I got the strangest feeling that the mist looked just like a lake for a few minutes. It was what you might call a magic moment, and it doesn't often look as convincing as that. You must remember Wharfedale looking like that when coming down Leeds Road towards Otley on your Sammy Ledgard's bus, Blakey! That effect is quite common, caused by what meteorologists call a 'temperature inversion.'

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

simonm wrote: Im sore there was a piccie on here once with that very same image. The whole valley in mist. Oh possibly I did put it on before Simon - it was a year or two ago.But while we're at it, I would appreciate some advice as to what I am doing wrong when trying to attach pictures - I failed to succeed three times recently in a topic about Archie Miles Bookshop could you please outline the correct procedure as I used to be able to do them OK ??
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Si wrote: BLAKEY wrote: Admittedly this is in a way a "spoof" picture, but early one November morning I went on my balcony in Queenswood Drive and looked towards Bramley, and I got the strangest feeling that the mist looked just like a lake for a few minutes. It was what you might call a magic moment, and it doesn't often look as convincing as that. You must remember Wharfedale looking like that when coming down Leeds Road towards Otley on your Sammy Ledgard's bus, Blakey! That effect is quite common, caused by what meteorologists call a 'temperature inversion.' Yes indeed Simon - and in the oft forgotten days of the awful "smogs" when house coal fires and factories galore were churning out the smoke we had some wicked trips to contend with. When I was conducting I remember one evening when the journey from Otley to Leeds took exactly three hours instead of the scheduled 35 minutes. From West Park I had to walk just ahead of the front mudguard while the driver tried to keep the kerb in view. We arrived at Cookridge Street and I was blacker than a coal miner after a double shift and could hardly breathe. Now the next line takes some believing but its true - at the head of the waiting queue was a fur coated dowager from the posher part of Bramhope who rapped out, nay snarled, "Well REALLY where on earth have you been ?? - I know its foggy but this is RIDICULOUS !!." I resisted with difficulty the temptation to say that we'd nipped in the Lawnswood Arms for a pint and a game of darts !!Hyacinth Bouquet eat your heart out !!

simonm

Post by simonm »

I always find it much easier to load a piccie from an external site like photobucket or a direct link from a website. This gives you a direct link that peeps can click on.Kirkstall under cloudhttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2081/2506128017_83ee10266a.jpg?v=0    
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

simonm

Post by simonm »

The other way is to click the "add attachment" button under the post paine    

simonm

Post by simonm »

Well it used to work...

simonm

Post by simonm »

try again. Bugger, no sorry, I can't seem to get it to work now either..ADMINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

simonm

Post by simonm »

Is it there?