Sheeny Park

The green spaces and places of Leeds
LS1

Post by LS1 »

Can see the joke, but it was a cattle market not a slaughter house.

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Sorry! I'm sure I saw it listed once as an abbattoir?perhaps they slaughtered the beasts in situ?Fevlad,Hope I haven't given offence with my mistimedcomment about pig slaughtering on the North St Park site?Your reply was very swift so I gather you have someJewish family connection?Sorry again.Arry

LS1

Post by LS1 »

Yeah your right arry, 'twas the Smithfield Meat Market. gettin mixed up with the cattle market.

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

S'OK!

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

arry awk wrote: Sorry! I'm sure I saw it listed once as an abbattoir?perhaps they slaughtered the beasts in situ?Fevlad,Hope I haven't given offence with my mistimedcomment about pig slaughtering on the North St Park site?Your reply was very swift so I gather you have someJewish family connection?Sorry again.Arry why would you tgather that?
I went down to the crossroads and got down on my knees

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

fevlad wrote: arry awk wrote: I wonder if the Rabbi knew the North St Parkwas on top of a slaughterhouse?If they had ever slaughtered pigs there it could have caused a Hebrew Riot!!!Just a thought! no it wouldn't I think it was in response to your comment here, fevlad.

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

Geordie-exile wrote: fevlad wrote: arry awk wrote: I wonder if the Rabbi knew the North St Parkwas on top of a slaughterhouse?If they had ever slaughtered pigs there it could have caused a Hebrew Riot!!!Just a thought! no it wouldn't I think it was in response to your comment here, fevlad. I know. I just don't see the inference.

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Mindst tha doan't get thi feet run ower kneelin'at that crossroads!Ya can't look four ways at once!Right Fevlad,Will try and explain my feeble attempt at an observationwhich had struck me, regarding the Jew's Park.IF there had been an abbattoir there, prior to the park being laidout, I would have thought that if pigs were slaughteredand their blood spilled on the ground (under the park), itwould have been abhorrent to the Jewish people using it, had they known,seeing as the pig is an unclean animal to them in their faith?Maybe I got it wrong and I apologise if any offence caused.

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

arry awk wrote: Mindst tha doan't get thi feet run ower kneelin'at that crossroads!Ya can't look four ways at once!Right Fevlad,Will try and explain my feeble attempt at an observationwhich had struck me, regarding the Jew's Park.IF there had been an abbattoir there, prior to the park being laidout, I would have thought that if pigs were slaughteredand their blood spilled on the ground (under the park), itwould have been abhorrent to the Jewish people using it, had they known,seeing as the pig is an unclean animal to them in their faith?Maybe I got it wrong and I apologise if any offence caused. you haven't caused any offence as far as I can seethe jewish dietary laws are about what you can eat: other food is forbidden eg shell fish or any creature that lives in water but doesn't have scalesI can't see how being on land where pigs have been slaughtered could be a problem, any more than swimming in the sea would be.

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

OIC! Thanks for that Fevlad. I allus thought thatpigs were 'Untouchable' to Jews (and Muslims!) with contact in any form forbidden! Wrong agen!By the way, what is the 'Crossroads' quotation to do with?Arry